Second Day

Sun spent the whole day teaching me everything I need to know about my new job.

"Thank you Sun! I know I'll be ready for tomorrow!" I say eagerly.

"No problem Sunshine! Can't wait to see you show me what you've learned! It should be almost time for you to go back home for the night."

I check my watch, and he was right. Only two more minutes until my shift is over.

"Indeed it is. I definitely should get going now. Seeya Sunny!"

He looks at me with an astonished look on his face. I giggle at his reaction.

"Well if you get to call me nicknames, then I get to call you one too!" He smiles at me before walking over to me. He picks me up by my waist again and hugs me.

"I've had a wonderful time here with you today Sunshine! I hope to do it again soon!" He hugs me tighter, I hug back and smile.

"I did too Sunny, but I should really get going now." He puts me down gently on the floor and puts his hand on the side of my cheek. I grow red at the sudden touch, but try to ignore it.

"Okay then, goodbye Sunshine! Get home safe, I'll be waiting for you here tomorrow." I begin walking off, me and Sun both waving goodbye to each other on my way out. I arrive at home, and instantly jump on my bed thinking about my day. As soon as I start thinking, the image of Moon on top of me and Sun touching my cheek are the first thoughts I picture. I go red yet again at the unexpected thought. To get my mind off of it, I first set my alarm for in the morning, and then I turn on Markiplier on my TV and watch him for a while before I finally doze off.

Morning...

Once again, I wake up to my alarm going off. I turn it off and repeat my whole morning routine. I quickly get to the Mega Pizzaplex, excited to see Sun once again. Once I get there, I review everything that Sun told me about how to do the job. He told me things such as how to entertain them, dealing with abusive parents, and helping them with any problems they have. I finally make it to the Daycare, but instead of taking the slide again, I just take the double doors. The second that Sun sees me, he runs up to me and gives me a warm hug.

"Sunshine! You're here! I'm so happy to see you again!" He tells me as he hugs tighter.

"I am too Sunny! I'm excited for my first day of taking care of kids with you."

"I'm happy to hear that, you'd better get ready! The Daycare will have plenty in just an hour or two. Until then, we can just hang out together!"

"Great Idea Sunny!" I said in response.
We hung out for a while, learning more about each other. The kids eventually started to come in. Lots of kids gathered around us. Sun then stood up, "Ahem! As you kiddos may already know, my name is Sundrop!" He then grabbed my hand and pulled me next to him. I felt my face turning a pinkish color, but I though about something else to avoid it. Sun continued what he was saying, "This person right next to me is Y/N! We are both here to provide you with endless entertainment until your parents come to pick you back up! What should we start with? Stories? Fingerpainting? Hide-and-seek?"

The kids voted on hide-and-seek. "Alrighty! You know the rules! I'll count to fifty while you all hide." Sun said while covering his eyes. The kids all scurried off to find a hiding place. Sun bumped me lightly to get my attention.

"You go hide too Sunshine!"

"But Sunny, aren't I too old to participate in these games?"

"Not at all Sunshine! You're never too old to have fun!"

I smiled at him and went to find a hiding spot, I could hear him counting. "1...2...3..!"

I didn't know of many places to hide in the Daycare, so I went inside of a play structure and hid in a tunnel.

"47...48...49...50! Ready or not, here I come!" I heard Sun say. The Daycare was filled with little giggles of kids who were unable to control their laughter. I could hear Sun finding kids left and right. I looked outside of the play structure to see if I could see Sun walking around. I didn't see or hear him anywhere. Suddenly, I hear Sun behind me saying "Found you!"

I didn't have time to turn around before I was pounced on. Sun started tickling me and laughing. "I'll bet you didn't hear me coming did you Sunshine?"

I could hardly even speak through my uncontrollable laughter. Sun stopped tickling me and sat me up. "Now you have to help me seek!" He said smiling at me. We played hide-and-seek for the longest time trying to find all of the kids, when we did, a few parents had already picked their kids up, for the remaining time, we decided to let the kids sleep.

"I'm going to go turn the lights off so the kids can sleep, is that ok Sunshine?"

"Yes, but won't moon come out?" I questioned.

"Yes, but Moon usually keeps the kids asleep." Sun said after putting the last kid to sleep

"But didn't you say he wasn't that great with kids?"

"Well, he doesn't handle them like I do, but all he has to do is give out Moondrop candies to the kids who have trouble staying asleep."

"Oh, ok, you can turn the lights off now." I said with a smile. Sun headed over to the light switch and flipped it off. He turned into Moon, who then slowly walked back to where I was. Moon sat down behind me. I knew nothing is going to happen this time since there are kids here. Moon hugged me from behind and whispered, "Are you wanting to go to sleep too Starlight?" I shrugged my shoulders, but Moon picked me up and put me on his lap facing him.

"I know a sleepy face when I see one, lay down on me." Moon said while laying down on the floor like the kids were. I did as he asked, and it was surprisingly comfortable. I was able to fall asleep in less than 5 minutes due to the warmness of Moon, and his hands gently rubbing my back. Moon fell asleep with me shortly after.

When I woke up, all of the kids's parents had already picked them back up. It's just me and Moon left. Moon was cuddling up to me and sleeping. When it was time for me to leave, Moon woke up.

"Starlight, where are you going?"

"I have to go back home Moony."

"You don't have to though, you could spend the night here. With us. We have bedrooms in the back of the Daycare for kids who's parents leave them overnight. It doesn't happen often, but it has a couple of times." Moon had a look on his face telling me that he really wanted me to stay.

I just couldn't say no to him. "Well, I guess it's ok then."

Moon picked me up in the same way a groom would to a bride and carried me to a bed.

"It's almost past your bedtime." Moon said while giving me a blanket and a pillow. He was starting to walk away, but I didn't want him to leave.

"Moon..?"

"Yes starlight?"

"Could we...sleep together?"

Moon pauses, but gives me a warm smile. "Of course we can." It was like he was just waiting for me to ask. He came over to the bed I was lying in, and got in with me. He puts his arms around me and spoons me. It feels unusual, but it's so comfortable.

"Goodnight Moony." I say patting his hand.

"Goodnight Starlight.~"