Chapter 2 Secrets

Y/N POV

Half an hour later we reached the elementary school. Tom and I got out of Heather's car, she followed shortly after. The three of us walked straight to the principal's office. The students in the aisle gave me and Tom wide eyes as we were both still in our costumes.

When we got to the office door I knocked and then heard someone say "come in". I opened the door and he was sitting in the chair in front of me. "Mommy." it came from him as he walked towards me.

I squatted down and hugged him. "Glad you're here Ms Jones and Mr Hiddleston. James got into a fight with a classmate." came from the principal. When I heard what the principal said, I looked at James in horror. He was always such a good boy and now this.

"What happened James?" Tom now asked him. James looked at me and then bit his lower lip. I stroked his back soothingly. "Someone in my class said that my daddy left me because mama is a whore. That was too much and I punched him." said James now.

I just couldn't believe what my son just said. A classmate said something like that about me. "Did the classmate say anything about why James hit him?" I asked now.

"No. He said James hit him for no reason."

"I believe my son. If it weren't true, he wouldn't have reacted that way."

"I also believe James that he didn't react that way without reason."

"Would it be ok if I took James out of school for a while?"

"And why, if I may ask?"

"I'm shooting a new film and for this one we will have to travel abroad as well. It would be better if he was with me then as I don't have any relatives here to go to."

"If that's the case, then I don't mind. Nevertheless, he has to do his classwork for the missing days so that he doesn't lag behind."

"Ok. Can you get the classwork ready by tomorrow? Then my manager would come and pick them up in the morning."

"The classwork will be ready by tomorrow. And excuse Ms. Jones for having to call you and keep you from you're work."

"It's ok, I'm glad you called. Come on James, let's go back to the set. I'm sure Uncle Chris will be happy to see you." I said now and picked James up.

I placed him on my hip and then left the office. Tom was carrying his backpack. Heather followed us outside. We got in the car and drove back to the set. I just couldn't believe what they were saying about me. Even if they were only children, such a statement can only come from their parents.

3rd Person POV

Shortly after Y/N and Tom disappeared together with Y/N's manager, Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson showed up. Both of their characters are needed for the next scenes. As the two entered the set, they looked around. Both knew they had someone new on set. "Where's Tom and our new family member?" asked Samuel in the round.

"Tom and Y/N had to leave for a moment. But they should be back any moment." said Jeremy. When Cobie heard the name Y/N she was really happy to see her again.

They all talked and a little later they heard footsteps and voices. "James don't run ahead." they heard the voice of Y/N say. The next moment a little boy ran onto the set. He headed straight for Chris H. When Chris saw him he immediately picked him up.

"Hey buddy what are you doing here?" Chris H. now asked him. Before he could reply, Tom, Y/N and their manager Heather arrived. "I'm sorry but I had to go get my son from school. There was some trouble there and he will stay with me as long as I'm making the film. If that's ok Kevin?" Y/N said now as she looked at Kevin.