Chapter 3 Cast Dinner

Scarlett POV

We were on our way to the restaurant. I still couldn't get my mind off what James had said. Is Tom really his father or not. "What's going on in your pretty head?" I heard Y/N ask now. I looked over at her briefly and then looked back at the street.

"Is Tom really James father?"

"Is that going through your head?"

"Yes. Will you answer my question now?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." she said and I just sighed. Great now I had to ask Tom. But if he answers the same as Y/N then I would have had to wait a long time for my answer.

We now reached the restaurant where the others were already waiting for us. We had exited the car and were just getting to the entrance when Tom walked towards us.

"Hello darling, you took your time. I thought Scar had kidnapped you." it came from him and I heard an angelic laugh. Before I or Y/N could reply to him, James got there first.

"I'm protecting Mommy. Nobody kidnaps her." he said and stood protectively in front of his mother.

"James, no one kidnaps me. You know Tom was just kidding."

"Buddy come on, Uncle Chris and Uncle Aaron are waiting for you." said Tom and James started running. After James disappeared into the restaurant, he gave Y/N an apologetic look.

"Sorry, I should never have said that. Not after what happened back then."

"What happened?" I asked now. I got a little curious when I heard what Tom was saying. I now saw the two of them looking at me and then I saw Y/N biting her bottom lip.

"You don't have to say it, darling."

"It's ok Tom. It's time I talked about it. You and Chris are the only ones who know about this. 5 years ago, they tried to kidnap James. We were at the park and it all happened so fast. Luckily a man noticed everything and prevented the worst. I rarely leave him alone because of this incident, I always have him with me. Since the incident he has had nightmares, his nightmares are always the same. Always that I would leave him." said Y/N. When I heard what she said next, I pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry to hear that. So that's why he was so protective. We should go in, otherwise he'll really think I kidnapped you afterwards." I said and then I heard her giggling softly. The three of us now also entered the restaurant. When we got to the table, James was sitting on Lizzie's lap, playing with the rings on her fingers.

Y/N POV

It felt kinda good to talk about what happened back then with James. When I heard what Scar said I had to giggle. When we entered the restaurant and I saw where James was sitting I had to smile. I was glad that he got along so well with everyone. That was my biggest fear, that he wouldn't get along with the others.

"James, are you replacing me with Lizzie now?" I asked when we got to the table. James looked up when he heard my question. Then he looked at Lizzie and grinned. "Yes." was his answer and I just looked at him in shock.

I knew he wasn't serious, but I really didn't expect his answer. Lizzie looked at me now and didn't know how to react. I got an idea and I hoped Lizzie would play along.

"Ok if that's what you want James. Lizzie take good care of him."

"I will, Y/N."

"Does that mean I'm going to stay in the trailer with you tonight, Aunt Lizzie?" asked James innocently. Lizzie and I laughed when we heard his question.

"If your mother agrees, then you can stay with me tonight."

"Can I Mommy?"

"I have no problem with that, but if you have another nightmare, let Lizzie know so she can let me know, ok?"