Chapter 9

Will walked down the stairs greeting Chuck. The three girls sat in horror as Chuck stood in front of them, '' Seriously?! We really can't rid of this punk can we?" Ida moaned, laying back on her seat. Chuck gave Ida a stink eye after hearing her complaint.

" Hey Chuck!" Will shook his hand.

" Hey! Uh here," he handed Will the box, " Brodie asked me to bring these to you." Will opened the box of a bunch of papers and files. Will nodded and put down the box.

" He really sent you out at 8:30? Lazy arse couldn't do it himself." He chuckled crossing his arms.

" Ah, It's fine I don't mind. Besides, Brodie's out with some friends and he said these need to be filled out by tomorrow.'' He shrugged, trying not to look at either Becky and or Gina.

" Wait you're home alone? All night?" Will asked concerned.

" Yeah, well at least till about 4 am." He chuckled.

Will shook his head, " How old are you again?"

" 14 sir." He Answered.

" That's not right, you shouldn't be home alone all night at 14. I'll talk to Brodie about that," Will glanced at the girls. " why don't you stay here tonight? The girls are having a sleepover and they can keep you company." He offered.

Chuck bit the inside of his cheek, " Yeah, sure. Thanks." He excepted hesitantly.

" You'll have to sleep in the guest bed of course. Wanna keep things PG." he joked.

Chuck cringed and closed his eyes. " Will can you get us an extra spoon for Chuck?" Gina asked trying to change the subject. Becky and Ida glared at Gina while Chuck stood silently.

" Gina can you help me find something?" Ida asked, receiving a confused look from Gina.
" What?" She asked while Ida grabbed her arm, standing up.
" Just come here." She snapped as she pulled her into her stair well.

" Are you crazy?" She asked, " Ida why would you leave Becky and Chuck alone. She's gonna kill us." Gina scolded.

" I know. Gina I'm sorry I can't stay here." Ida told her.
" What? Why?" She questioned.
" I can't stand that kid. I can't spend an entire night with him. I also can't deal with Becky's whining anymore. Can I please call my mom or  Mateo to come pick me up?" She pleaded.

Gina threw her head back and sighed. "Fine. I'll take care of Becky."

" Thanks." Ida walked past her, grabbing the phone in the kitchen. She dialled her brothers phone number while Gina walked out of the stairs.

" Ida has to go." She told Will who was talking to Chuck.
" What? Why?" He asked looking over at her in kitchen.

" She doesn't feel good. Mateo is gonna pick her up." She told him brushing past them to sit with Becky.

Ida walked back in and started to pick up her stuff.

———————————————————————

10 minutes went by, Chuck didn't give Gina or Becky an ounce of attention. He sat down with Will at the dinner table until Mateo came to pick up Ida.

"Your brother's here," Will told Ida after hearing a knock on the door. " you can come in!" He shouted to Mateo.

Mateo stepped out of the stairs holding a box.
" What's with all the boxes?" Gina asked Will.

" They're for work." He lied. Mateo set down the box and walked over to the three girls.

" Ready to go?" He asked Ida swinging his keys. Mateo was 17, he had own truck with his space and his own privacy, something Ida envied. Gina and Becky admired his pleasant facial structure, his brown eye and were quite similar to Chuck's but his defined cheekbones and smile were identical to Idas.

Ida stood while he grabbed her bag, " I'll see you around." He told waved to Will and Chuck while heading down the stairs with his sister.

————-—————————

Will and Chuck moved to the living room with Becky and Gina, Will left to go get some bored games while Becky and Gina talked.
" So how are you feeling about the history test?" Gina asked side glancing Chuck who was sitting on the couch behind them.
" What?" She asked confused, " Oh, uh yeah great. I guess." She answered after she caught on.

Becky's face burned while trying not to look at Chuck, he did the same thing and fidgeted with his fingers the entire time.

" Becky could bring me the box Mateo left?" Will called from upstairs. Becky quickly stood, happy get out of there. She took the box up stairs and wasn't in a hurry to come back down.

Gina and Chuck sat in an awkward silence for a minute or two before he broke it, " What do you think are in those boxes?" He asked looking over at the box he brought.

Gina looked over, " Probably work stuff." She guessed, her back still turned to him.

Chuck nodded while they fell back into another awkward silence.
—————————————————-

It was 1:00 am, Becky was asleep next to Gina on their blanket bed and Will was upstairs sleeping . Chuck was in the guest room next to the living room.

Gina was drifting off to sleep when she heard a sound coming from the guest room.

It sounded like he was talking to someone. She decided to listen in at the door, not go in just listen, just to make he was okay. She quickly but quietly go up out of the blankets and walked over to guest room.

" You won't win." A woman's voice said coldly.

" We'll see about that, won't we." Chuck replied.

Gina decided to peek in, when she saw the woman who gave her the book, holding the book.

————————

AH SORRY THIS IS SO SHIT BUT IM IN SCHOOL SO YEAH ILL WRITE A BETTER ONE TRM 😩