Chapter 13

Gina laid in bed while wiping her tears. She rolled over and checked the time, it was 12:36.
She had school the next day and knew she'd be tired, but she didn't care.

Becky had demanded that her and Ida would share keeping the book, she made it clear that she didn't want Gina around it. Could you blame her? Gina told a person that each of them resentful, their biggest secret.

How could she trust Chuck?

She whimpered while rubbing her head. She knew she lost her friends and now she was going to loose Chuck too.

" You up, sleeping beauty?" A voice whispered from her window. Gina immediately sat sup and wiped her tears.

Chuck jumped through her window leaned against the wall.

" Chuck?" She covered her self with blankets and tried to fix her hair.
" That's my name." He smirked while he sighed sitting down next her on her bed.

Gina moved away, " What the hell are you doing here?" She snapped receiving a confused look from Chuck.

" Well, I was in The Neighbourhood and-"

" Just get out, please." Gina gestured towards the door.

Gina was lucky it was dark so he couldn't see her red eyes and tear stained pillows.

" You want me to leave?" He sounded shocked but played it off with a cheesy smile. " Did I do something?"

" Chuck it's like 1 am in the morning. We have school tomorrow, you should be at your house."

He stood scratched his head, " Yea I guess," he his dropped comb out of his pocket and onto the floor.

He crouched down started to search for his comb, when he couldn't see he reached up and grabbed the lamps string and pulled it, making the room bright.

He picked up his comb from underneath her bed and stood wiping down his pants.

" Alright. I- I'll see you tomorrow I guess-" he stopped when he looked at her, her eyes were red as Gina had guessed, he walked closer with concern written on his face.

" Are you okay? We're you.. crying?"
He asked while squinting.

" No- yes but just- don't worry Chuck. Just go back home." She rubbed her eyes sighed.

" Why were you crying?" He sat next to her on the bed. His eyes had were darker with worry and Gina stared into them. She wanted to tell him everything, she wanted to tell him how she shouldn't have told him about the book and how that it ruined her friendship. She wanted to say how much she liked him and she wanted to tell him how Becky and Ida basically banned her from the book.

She couldn't form the words to same anything at all, all she could do was stare into his beautiful yet mysterious eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked again raising his eyebrows. She nodded and forced a smile across her face, " Yes. I am fine." She sat there held back her tears, she was not gonna let Chuck Hankins see her cry.

" You can tell me, Gina." He whispered looking into her eyes. He grabbed her hand trying to comfort her, she quickly moved it away and shook her head.

" Please just leave." Her breathe shaky and eyes watery, she begged him to leave but she knew  he wasn't going to leave, not until she told him.

" Gina." His voice quiet but cold, his sarcastic jokes were gone leaving a serious and stern tone.

She held her breath as she decided what she was going to tell him, she knew she couldn't tell him she liked him although it probably wouldn't even phase him sense he had about 200 hundred girls begging to go out with him.

" I shouldn't have told you about the book." She whispered breaking their eye contact.

" Gina, I told you, you can trust me-"

" I do! Becky and Ida don't." She explained letting a single tear run down her cheek.

He cupped her face with his hand and wiped her tear with his thumb, he moved her hair behind her ear.

" I told them, about showing you the book. I'm such a bad friend Chuck, I don't know if you've noticed but neither of them really can stand to be around you." Chuck chuckled,
" No?" He sarcastically gasped, " Is that why? Are they mad or something?"

" Yeah, it's ruined our friendship." She admitted closing her eyes. Chuck moved his hand away from her cheek.

" Don't get me wrong," he turned his body towards her, " I'm glad you did tell me but, why did you?"

Gina's stomach turned, she told him because she liked him which made him easier to trust.
" I- I don't know." She looked away at the ground.

" You've must've had a reason." He smiled trying to get her to look at him.

" Becky likes you-"

" Yeah I know-"

" Becky likes you," she told him again, " She likes you and you unintentionally broke her heart. I've been hanging out with you and telling you not only my biggest secret, but theirs too."

"Do not like hanging out with me?"

"No Chuck! It's the exact opposite I like hanging out with you, I like cooking with you and I like you!" The words slipped out of her mouth before she had a chance to think about it.

She stopped talking, her mouth hung open a little as she couldn't believe what she'd just told him.

He was silent for a quick moment, he placed his hand just beneath her jawline and moved closer. Gina remembered the dream she'd had, this was much different.

His face and Gina's were inches apart, he moved another hair behind her ear and tilted his head. He pressed his lips against hers, for real this time. She placed her hand behind his neck and kissed him back.

Chuck pulled away and sat up,
" I'll see you tomorrow okay? Everything gonna be fine" he placed a kiss on the top of her forehead and turned off the light, then jumped out of the window.

————————-

AN AH SO YEAH THAT JUST HAPPENED I KINDA LOVE THIS CHAPTER BUT ALSO DONT SO IDK ANYWAYS.
-R<3