Chapter 11

" It's the second week at school, I expect all of you to know the rules and expectations by now." Mr Butts paced up and down the class room. " I thank most of you for following said rules and expectations. Unfortunately,"

He walked over to Chuck's desk who was staring at Gina once again. " some of you can't seem to grasp that this is high school, not middle school." He clearly directed at Chuck who hadn't even noticed Mr. Butts was in front of him.

He walked away pacing the classroom once again.

"For those who are having trouble these are my rules and expectations. You are to arrive to class on time. You are to complete any sort of assignment within the time period I give you. You are to be kind. And you are to pay attention in class." He shifted over to Chucks desk who was still staring at Gina. " Which means," He slapped a meter stick on his desk making Chuck and the rest of the class jump.

" No staring at the back of Miss Silvers head." He faked a smile, and bent down to be face to face with Chuck.

" If you like her that much, ask her out. In my class we focus, not on a pretty girl, on the work I give you." He whispered so only Chuck could hear.

Chuck face burned red as Mr. Butts stood and continued his lecture.

Gina looked behind her to look at Chuck but he kept his head down, focusing on his books.

In front of him was Becky, who was Glaring at her. Gina looked back down at her books.

—————————

" Gina!" Chuck called behind her while she was walking to her locker. She looked back while opening her locker door.

" Yeah" she asked once he reached her.

" I was wondering," he panted while out breath," if you wanna hang out after school?" He asked leaning her locker.

Gina raised her eyebrows, " I'm confused, I thought you were dating Brooke?" She asked looking at the brunette walking up the stairs angrily.

" Who? Oh yeah her, no I broke up with her." He told her.

" When?"

" like- 5 minutes ago." He scratched his head.

She blinked in confusion, " And you wanna hang out.. with me..." she asked.

He nodded, " So?" He asked.

" Uh yea- I guess." She got out her biology books. She watched as Brooke got to the top of the stairs.

Becky was walking holding her math books and bumped into to her.

" So what do you wanna do?" She tried to ignore the argument behind her.

" Watch where you're going bone head!" Brooke shouted.

" Well I was kind of thinking you could teach me some spells?" His question snapped her focus back.

" Um I-" Suddenly Becky screamed. Gina looked over and seen Becky falling down 10 flights of stairs. Chuck turned as he heard her screams and gasped before Gina ran over to her friend.

" Oh my god. Becky!" She said when she reached her, her underwear was showing from her dress lifting up. The boys around started whistling and making snarky comments.

She looked up to see if Brooke was there, she wasn't. Gina helped Becky up while Chuck ran over with Mrs. B. 

" What happened sweetie?!" She worried as she took Becky under her arm. They walked to the nurses office while the bell rang everyone hurried out of the halls leaving Chuck and Gina alone.

" So is that a yes?" He joked, taking her books with in his hand.

" Let me guess," she said as she followed him to their biology class. " you haven't studied for the math test, and you need a spell."

He chuckled, walking backwards to face her, " you know me so well." He smirked, she laughed while they headed into their class.

——————————-

" Could you pass me the pass me the livonian sugar?"  Gina asked while reading the cookbook.

Chuck picked up a large square jar with white sugar inside, " This is livionain, right? That the bran family?" He asked passing her the jar.

" You're a fast learner." She grabbed the jar smiling. " And if we mix it with some galafrasian cocoa-"

" That'll give me the smarts?" He asked testing his hand on the counter.

She tilted her head, " Studying also gives you the smarts." She joked.

" Hey, I tried that. Math's not my thing. I got an A in history though." He smiled proudly.

Gina chuckled, smiling ear to ear.

              " Seriously Gina, you're a peach." He smiles making butterflies in her stomach.

" Just don't tell Becky and Ida!" She insisted.

He nodded, " Hey, I have a question."
He looked down at the ingredients, " If I mix in a pinch of torian honey could I stretch the magic into third period?"

Gina smiled, " Well that's not in the recipe but that does make since."

Chuck chuckled, " guess I have a knack for this magic stuff." Looking back down at the book with a smirk.