𝟖𝟐

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is on the left and her dress for the prom is on the right!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎━═☆

"So you are telling me that you, the all-powerful invincible Klaus, thought that you were dying because Silas made you think so?" Charlotte repeated aloud, refusing to let the information fully sink in.

"Yes, I, the all-powerful invincible Klaus, thought I was dying because he put it in my head."

Charlotte didn't miss his smug look after she called him that and rolled her eyes, murmuring, "We are screwed, we are all screwed."

He sighed, placing his hands on her forearms, "Which is why we need to give him the cure."

"Why are you telling me this?" She raised her eyebrows, questioning, "It's not like I have it in my back pocket. Your brother does."

Klaus took in a deep breath and explained, "You don't have it, I know that but you do want it and I wish I could let you have it but—"

She interjected, shaking her head, "You don't need to worry about that. The moment I knew there was only one dose, I have accepted that it won't be for me."

"Why?"

Charlotte rubbed the back of her neck, shrugging, "I have been a vampire for a while now. I am not the one struggling and even if I was, I am not the one struggling the most," She sighed, saying more to herself than him.

"That doesn't mean you are not allowed to want it," He shook his head, pointing out.

"I do want it. I just know that I can't have it. It's okay," Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, "I am sure we have all wanted some things in our lives and never got to have them. I will live."

He titled his head, looking down at her before she questioned, curiosity shining in her brown doe eyes, "Have you ever wanted the cure for yourself?" Charlotte awaited an answer before quickly adding, "—and I don't mean as a form of protection. I mean, have you ever wanted to be human?"

"Once," Klaus responded and she raised an eyebrow, showing her clear interest, "I was on a trek in the Andies, and a hummingbird flew up to me. It just hovered there, staring at me, its tiny heart was pattering like a machine gun."