Denim Blue and Naming Art

Tendou pov

The next day at school I meet up with Ushiwaka at the front of school. The two of us head into school to our first class. He mentions something about y/n but I'm barely listening to him. Excitement is making it hard to concentrate on anything. In my backpack is multiple sheets of paper with pretty good sketches of y/n that I wanted to show her. 

The entire day is full of dull lessons and the sound of paper and pencil attacking each other. During lunch I head to the gym for some extra volleyball practice knowing that I had to skip practice today. Me and y/n planned on working on the painting later in the day, even after school let out. Because of this I made sure to try and get the majority of my work done at school so I wouldn't have to do it all at like midnight. 

When the last class of the day rolled around I headed over to the art room humming to myself. In my hand was the drawings I had made last night of y/n. 

"Come on let's get started." a voice exclaimed behind me. I turn around to see y/n standing with the half done painting in her hand. I smile at her and she begins to walk to our usual staircase area. I follow her clutching the papers. Once we get settled I decided to show her the drawings from last night. 

"I have something to show you y/n." I say giving the papers to her. She glances down at them and smiles widely. 

"You drew these?" her eyes sparkled with joy making me happy just to see her happy. 

"These are super good!" she said handing the drawings back to me. I take them and tuck them into my bag. The two of us go to work, sitting next to each other making little comments about random things that happened during the day. I was currently making a larger sketch of her on the canvas we were using. She on the other hand was mixing colors on a pallet slowly getting colors that matched the shade of my hair and skin tone. 

"I have earbud if you want to listen to music while we do this." y/n suggested setting the painting pallet down. I nod and she reaches for her bag taking her phone out and some earphones. One for me and the other for her. Because we were sharing earbuds we had to be slightly closer to each other. Closer then we already were to each other. 

We worked like this until school ended and by the end of the day. I was beginning to mix colors and y/n was working on coloring the sketch of me in with paint. The two of us didn't bother putting any material away since we just took a small break for water before heading back to our spot where we continued on painting. 

We were silent, listening to y/n's music but every now and then I'd ask for her opinion on a color and she'd ask me something random as if she were struggling to make conversation that just didn't last. Painting was calming and really fun. I guess I was beginning to see why y/n loved art so much. 

A few hour later we were nearly done with the painting. y/n and I had both painting each other and were letting it dry while we sat around my phone playing games. We still had to put random interests around the edge of the painting and then paint those in. By this time volleyball club would've just ended and people would've been packing up by now. y/n decided to go and head to the art room to get a spare pair of keys to lock up once we were finished for the night. When she returned she had a question for me. 

"What are we going to  name this piece of art?" she questioned looking at me and then to the painting of the two of us. 

"I don't know," I say with a shrug. She sighs and sits down to think for a bit. 

"What's you're favorite thing to do in volleyball?" she asked. I answer right away with blocking. 

"Is there a type of block that you enjoy? or something that just ya know, sounds cool?" she asks me. 

"Read blocking." I say. She stays silent for a few minutes. 

"Do you like the name Read Painting?"