Amethyst Purple and Completed Artwork

Tendou pov

I thought for a half second about the name y/n had proposed to me. Read Painting. What a spectacular name for the artwork the two of us had created.

"Yes, that's the perfect name!" I exclaim happily. She nods and smiles. I can't help but smile just because she's also smiling. The two of us work for another hour and a half and finally the painting has been completed. With all the little mini interests surrounding the portrait of the two of us back to back. 

"I really like how it came out." I say gesturing at the artwork. y/n puts her hands on her hips and nods in agreement. 

"We need to celebrate this tomorrow." she tells me. I turn to away from our artwork and face y/n.

"How should we do that?" I ask her. She thinks for a moment and then a grin played along her face. 

"Why don't you teach me how to play some volleyball?" the girl suggests. The very mention of the sport I love so much makes my eyes pop with joy. She seems to notice the light in my eyes. 

"I take that as a yes you'd be willing to celebrate that way." she cheers. 

...

The next day at around noon I get a knock on the front door. I can hear my mom walking to the front door to answer the guest waiting. Instead I speed passed my mother and open the door wide allowing y/n to see inside the house. 

"Come on in y/n!" I say excitement filling me to the brim. She smiles and enters the house. I lead her to the back of the house and out into the back yard grabbing a slightly beat up volleyball on the way. 

The back door clatters shut behind the two of us as we head out down the back porches steps to the grassy field like area that surrounds the area. Most of the grass is dead making it hard  to stand on without shoes. 

"I'd advise you keep your shoes on while we're on the grass. It's kinda prickly." I say tossing the volleyball in the area and catching it in my hands. 

"Alright time to get teaching!" I say enthusiastically. For the next half hour I try to explain basic volleyball moves and skills to y/n. She seemed to get how to do it and yet her brain fritzes out before she can properly execute a technique. 

"How do you do this so well?" she asks laying down on the dead-ish grass hair flying into her face. She blew it out and turned to look at me with a goofy smile. 

"Practice. The same thing that makes you so good at art." I say sitting down next to her. The two of us sit there for what seems like hours but was only twenty minutes in reality. We talk about everything and nothing. Sometimes we would stop talking and just let our silence talk. It wasn't an awkward silence but a comfortable one, just as comfortable as  when the two of us are speaking. 

...

"Thank you for listening, I hope you enjoyed our presentation." The two girls said bowing to the class smiles on both of their faces. When the class stopped clapping and the teacher asked for the next group to come up I made eye contact with y/n. She nodded and the two of us stood heading over to the front of the room. y/n turned our painting around to show the class. Small gasps drifted through the classroom. 

"This is an art piece that me and Satori did together." y/n starts. 

"We named the art piece 'Read Painting' since it's a combination of the two of our favorite things to do." I continue. y/n talks about how she drew the drawing of me and then I did the same, talking about how I drew/painted y/n. When we had finished showing the class our work the two of us took a bow and the classroom erupted into a series of claps and cheers. I turn to y/n and she smiles, that perfect smile that makes me want to smile. 

That's just what I do. 

I smile.