100 years earlier

(A/N) hi, welcome to the story, I hope you enjoy. It is not that good I wrote it in 2 weeks because is was bored.

Italics= elvish

*100 years before our story begins*

I am sitting in my room reading a book about the history of Ancalagon the black, when I hear a knock on the door "Lady Y/N your father wishes to speak too you" a voice sounds. I put my book on my nightstand and stand up, walking towards the door. I open it and in front of me stands Alaine, she is a servant in Imaldris and also my best friend. "Please, tell him I will come see him in 2 minutes." I give her a smile and she bows, "of course, my lady" and then she walks away.

Yup, still waiting for the day she will drop the politeness, I've told her a million times she doesn't have to, but she insists.

I walk towards my nightstand and carefully pick up the heavy book, not wanting to damage it. I put it back on the shelf where it came from. My hand lingers on the leather for a bid before I walk out of the door.

I make my way into the the throne room I spot my dad, talking to a blonde elf, around my age I would say.

At true sound of the door closing behind me they look up. My father spreads his arms a little when he sees me. "Y/n, I'm glad you joined us." He greets.

When I get there a make a small bow towards both men. "Y/n, this is prince Legolas, from Mirkwood." He introduces me. "It's a pleasure to meet you." I bow my head slightly.

"The pleasure is completely mine, my lady." He copies my gesture. I turn to my Ada as he starts to speak. "Legolas will be staying here for a short while, seeing as sadly, king Thrandruil was not able to come himself." He explains.

Y/n wasn't sure why Legolas was staying here, neither why she had to meet him properly, but she just rolled with it. "In that case, I hope you will be enjoying your stay, at our home." I speak, not knowing what to say otherwise.

"Thank you, my lady. I am sure I won't be disappointed." The two of us make eye contact and I just notice that Legolas has beautiful blue eyes, it's silent for a few seconds, seeing that I am speechless, not having expected to be met with one of the most beautiful elves I have ever seen.

"I- Uhm, Y/n is just fine." I decide to say. 'Oh Valar, Y/n, get yourself together.' I think to myself. "I will try my best." Legolas gives me a soft smile.

We stare at each other for a few seconds before my father decides to interrupt. "Do I need to call someone to show you your room, Legolas?" Elrond asks.

Before Legolas can even answer, I do it for him. "I can bring him to his room, if you tell me which one it is." The two of them raise their eyebrows slightly, and being honest, even I'm surprised.

"If you insist." My Ada tells me which room it is and both me and Legolas leave the throne room. "So, you are from Mirkwood, what is it like?" I ask and he looks down at me, seeing he is just slightly taller then me, even though I'm wearing heels.

"There is a lot to say, about my home place, but whenever someone asks me this, I always say tricky." He answers, when I remain silent, he continues. "The woods are beautiful, but still very dark. If you don't know your way around, it's easy to get lost."

"Yes, so I've heard. I always wanted to go... my Ada never let me though." I say, a bit disappointed. "Why is that?" Legolas asks as we turn left and walk up the staircase.

"He tells me it's dangerous and that he'd have to go with me, but every time I ask, he says no." I say a bit annoyed. "I see."

There is silence for a little while. "If you want... you can come with me when I go back, if your father is alright with it, I grew up there and it would be far less dangerous." He offers.