Part 12:Wolf vs Hobgoblin

After my little speech, the hobgoblin resumed its advancement. I don't know if it was intrigued by my sudden yelling at it or just surprised. If I had to bet though it was just playing with me.

I could see it on its face when it was attacking me and I can see it now. That hobgoblin is enjoying this. It's prideful and toying with something it views as lesser. It's pissing me off.

Another thing I've noticed, I can't feel a damn thing. When it kicked me the claws on its foot punctured my side and had left a gaping wound. Despite that, I didn't even notice it. No pain at all, nothing.

Something was off, my pain resistance can't ease a wound like that to this degree. But it doesn't really matter I'll just take advantage of what I'm given. If I can't feel pain, then pain won't become a distraction. I'll eat up its hits and recover later. But I'll have to make this quick if I'm doing that.

The best strategy would be to create a sizable wound and pump enough hemotoxin into the damn thing that it bleeds out. But Nah, I don't wanna do that. I just want to rip into it and tear it to fucking pieces. Feel the pressure release as I crush its skull under my claws.

Well then there's the plan now are you going to attack me you fucker?

I've been watching the hobgoblin but all it's doing is slowly creeping up towards me as if I didn't see it. As if it was hidden away and about to strike at my most vulnerable moment.

My thoughts are cut out as it proceeds to do just launching at me with what looks like the force of an explosion. But I can't move just yet. I have to wait about a split second to see which way it is going to throw that claw strike.

I can see it's going to be diagonal but which way I don't know. If I move in the wrong direction I'll still get hit and if he gets ahold of me I don't know if I'll be able to get out. Moving backward I could dodge it all together but then I won't be able to attack, his front is too defensive and I'm not trying to run.

I'm going to dodge sideways and for a split second that goblin is going to be open. In that little gap, I'm going to sink my fangs right into its fucking throat.

I watch its arm change positions revealing which way it's going. Left. I blast myself to the right with as much power as I can muster without losing my balance and falling sideways ruining this whole opportunity.

"ROOOAHHH!!", the hobgoblin shrieked as its claws, instead of hitting its intended target, smashed into the ground leaving its neck wide open.

"GOT YOUUUAAAHHHHH", I screamed as I launched myself at the neck of the hobgoblin. I had meant to say got you but at around the time I got the "you" out it turned into a growling yell as I prepared to bite its neck.

The hobgoblin realized what was happening and while my teeth were only about a forearm's length away from the back of its neck it began to spin its body backward in a 180.

I realized what the hobgoblin was trying to do when I saw his other arm emerge above his torso and start descending down upon me. He intended to spin around and use his arm like a whip and slam me into the ground crushing any chance of my teeth connecting who its neck.

Well, it would work, there was no way to move or dodge its arm in my position I would undoubtedly be hit if I continued my course for its neck. But that's fine I'll just have to change targets.

Instead, I'll sink my teeth into its incoming arm stop the strike altogether. But I can't aim for the forearm if I do I still be slammed into the ground it has too much momentum. Instead, I have to aim somewhere right below its shoulder or if possible just its shoulder.