Part 4:Hunting

Now despite what I said about enjoying this whole thing I'm not a masochist. I'm, not some creep that enjoys getting the shit beat out of them. It's just something about this hunting thing is exciting to me.

So in order to prevent something like that from happening again. The only thing I can do is either get strong enough to prevent it with force or become important enough to be protected from such things.

Although I don't really know how the second would work with me being a wolf. I looked at my reflection again. I took a drink and headed back into the cave. Once I got to the entrance I saw inside all the other wolfs my age were forming groups of three. 

I noticed some of the groups were heading for the exit so I got out got of the way. I didn't really know how I was gonna get group members as I couldn't communicate but I decided to give it ago.

I walked over to 1 of the remaining wolfs and did the best body communication I could. I guess he seemed to understand because when I walked to find another teammate he followed. When I went to the next wolf I did the same thing resulting in the same outcome. So I guess my team has formed. 

So far it consists of wolf number 1 who has pretty much the same color as me but he is slightly larger.

Wolf number 2 also has the same color as me but is instead slightly smaller. 

Well, that will work fine. Just as we are about to set off with the rest of the groups the wolf that set us off on this whole hunt thing said one last thing. 

"oh yeah don't go beyond that giant tree if you do you'll die," he said 

Giant Tree? I turn my head to look on into the forest and I don't really see anything. I try lifting my head a little bit higher to see above the trees and sure enough there it was, One Big Fucking Tree. 

I mean seriously the thing went so fucking high it went into the clouds! How big does a tree need to be?

Well, whatever it is at least A nice reference I can use.

With that, along with wolf 1 and 2, I set out for the hunt. As we headed into the forest I tried to think of something that could kill us. Ogres or some crazy shit like that maybe?  

Is there bears is this forest or perhaps some big ass bugs. I sniffed around but I couldn't smell anything that seemed too distinct. I was hoping for something to go off of as we ventured deeper into the forest but I couldn't seem to get anything. The underbrush was already pretty big and it seemed to only keep growing in size. Not to mention that the underbrush was already spiky. But despite that, I couldn't even feel it? Maybe it was because of that slash resistance skill? 

While walking I saw something in the corner of my eye and...I-I felt s-something?

Requirements to gain [Perk: Eye for Blood Lust] have been met, gained [Perk: Eye for Blood Lust]

Perk? What is a Per-! "Ughhh", What the F-Fuck.  What is this feeling! It's as if I can feel someone holding a knife across my neck it's so-so..unnerving. 

This feeling was telling me to do one thing. It was telling me to Move and to Move fast! And if I didn't that knife I felt...it would slit my throat in an instant. 

I jumped sideways and saw what the knife actually was. It was a snake. Fuck, I hated snakes. I couldn't get a good look at it though because I quickly realized the snake was lunging toward me and had been a second before I moved out of the way. Despite this, I didn't move far enough.

It landed awkwardly on my bottom left leg just above my paw. One of its fangs was sticking out with the tip barely in. While the other fang was only half in. It decided to fix this problem by biting down. Hard. 

"Fuck!" I yelled in my mind. The pain wasn't anything compared to when I got hit by the big wolf though. And I still was under enough control to think clearly. Unfortunately, my human side decided this was the perfect time to panic. 

"GET THE HELL OF ME" I screamed although it probably came out sounding like gibberish. 

I shook my body violently and the snake was flinging around in the air but it was still biting down on my leg hard enough to keep a hold. I shook harder and even more violent but this thing was relentless.

My teammates had made a couple attempts to bite at it but couldn't seem to catch mid-air.

I had no idea why the hell this thing was hanging on my leg so fucking hard! Then an explanation for it crossed my mind. And I didn't like it one bit.

Was-was this snake p-pumping venom into me?! Although I couldn't be sure It was the only possible explanation I could think of and I didn't know if I had time to think of another. 

I moved my leg as close to face as possible and twisted my torso along with my head towards my leg as well. The momentum pushed Its tail towards me and bit down on it mid-air. Then with as much force as I could muster I pulled the snake out of my leg. Probably too much force as bits of my leg got pulled out too.

"GOD WHY IN THE HELL DID I DO THAT!", I screamed in agony and again most likely in gibberish. I mean was it even necessary to do that? I mean I don't even know if the snake was poisonous? What if I just scared myself for no reason? 

Requirements to gain [Skill: Poison Resistance] have been met, gained [Skill: Poison Resistance Lv:1] 

Oh. Well, that's probably not a good sign.

Chapter 4: End

I'll get them out at least once every 3 days now(although nobody probably cares)