Chapter 269

Chapter 269

Luffy was rushing at him in the air, out of the island, at a speed that didn't make sense.

Dragon tried to follow, but Amon threw a few clones at him to keep the guy busy.

Both Amon and Luffy soon reached the edge of the atmosphere, as the rubber man kicked the sky while Amon flew simply.

He couldn't reach his top speed, the reason being the concept of 'Time' was being stretched and lengthened. That's why it took him more time than ever to fly to this spot.

Luffy on the other hand had gotten a massive speed boost, just like Garp's silver armament. Just that Luffy was faster. Either because of his bullshit devil fruit or because his silver haki was Conquerors Coating, not armament.

"You killed Ace!" Luffy yelled as he jumped in the air. "Then you did that to Nami!" He cried again. "Then you killed Grandpa, and now you killed Shanks!!!"

His silver eyes looked at Amon's soul. "I will never forgive you!!"

'I never asked for your forgiveness, tch.'

Amon clicked his tongue. "Be grateful I haven't gone and hunted all your Crew Mates one by one." He had only gotten Alice and Bartolomew. "And shut the fuck up."

He raised his palm at Luffy before he fired an explosion using his Bomb-Bomb fruit.

Luffy dodged by kicking the air as he yelled. "No use! We have almost the same speed, give or take."

'Bullshit.'

Amon raised his hand again and a blast of plasma left it.

Luffy dodged again.

Now that Amon was the one seeing his opponents dodge, he realised how annoyed his older enemies must have felt.

But it mattered not.

"Luffy." Amon loosened his shoulders a bit. "I am sure you were informed about my powers before coming here. So you know about my multiple fruits?"

Luffy didn't answer and instead rushed ahead to attack Amon.

"I don't want to talk to you!"

Amon chuckled at that. As Luffy's punch came closer to Amon's face at a speed that was terribly fast, Amon raised his hand. "Here, do you recognise this?"

A green barrier popped up in thin air as it blocked Luffy's attack with obvious ease.

Luffy's eyes went wide. "Y-you said you didn't hurt my friends!"

Amon chuckled coldly. "Oh dear, I didn't know he was your friend. My bad."

Luffy yelled aloud again, throwing a punch at Amon's smirking face, but another barrier appeared and blocked the attack.

"Tch, poor guy kept saying how you'll avenge him before his death. But look at you now, his own power is defending me from you." Amon said, sounding like a classic villain who's about to be defeated.

The difference was, Amon was doing it deliberately to piss Luffy off and see what was the chosen one's breaking point.

"Sad, very sad."

Luffy's arm stretched and attacked from all sides. But... Amon's speed might have been reduced, but he was still the man with the strongest Observation Haki. He easily dodged all the attacks.

"Oh my, you can't touch me?" Amon snickered. "Why don't you ask the world for a bit more power? Or is it not capable of lending you more?"

"What the hell are you talking about?!"