0 1 : F O U N D H I M .

C A S P E R.
11: 21 am.
November 5th, 2021.
Somewhere in los angeles.

The sight of rain always had me feeling depressed.

The streets that would be covered with water, the mud would stick to your clothes and the worst was the traffic that would always follow.

And traffic was definitely something I didn't need today.

So much for weather forecasts.

I run my hands through my hair and took a look at my watch.

11: 21 am.

Dammit, I was going to be late.

I tried - then failed once again - to flag down a taxi.

I groaned as one drove past me and made sure to splash a generous amount of water, like I wasn't soaked enough.

After many more trials, I check the time again.

11: 30 am.

I was definitely going to be late for my interview.

God, please I really need this job .

I stretched my hands out and attempted to flag one which was getting really close to me.

To my surprise, the car stopped.

I stared suspiciously at it and clutched my briefcase closer, not like there was actually anything that valuable in it.

The window slid down.
"Where are you going?" The man in the car asked.

The man's hair was completely grey and he had a clean shaven face. He looked too nice to be thief or a kidnapper.

Although I would advise him against kidnapping me, seeing that the people who lived with me didn't seem to care if I was alive or dead most of the time.

"Dunkins headquarters."

"Get in son, you're getting my car all wet."
The window slid back up.

"Wow" I laughed staring at the sky for some seconds "You must really like me, God."

I got into the backseat quickly and shut the door after. I smiled sheepishly at the man when I realised how soaked I really was.

"I think I made it worse." I say referring to that fact that he hadn't wanted his car to get wet.

"That's okay." The man smiled at him
"You work at dunkins?" He asked.

"I'm supposed to be there at half past twelve for a job interview." I groaned "I don't think I'm going to make it."

"I know a shortcut, would save us twenty minutes."

"I'll appreciate that sir."

I turned to look at the blurry windows as the rain fell down heavily.

11: 50 am.

I really needed this job.

H E A V E N
12: 50 pm.
November 5th, 2021.
Dunkins headquarters.

This was getting too boring.
All the people I had interviewed were either a bulbering mess or were just too confident.

Why exactly my dad making me do this was something I couldn't still seem to understand.

Sure, there was once a time I cared that people thought I could only work here because of daddy dearest, ignoring the fact that I had two bachelor degrees and was a Masters holder.

People just loved to undermine my hard work when it suited them.

Now I couldn't care less.
As long as my bills were getting paid and I had the money and connection to get whatever I wanted, they could go shove their thoughts and opinions up their ass.

I stare at the next person's sheet.

Applying to be an inventory clerk.

I groaned inwardly.
This wasn't even under my department.

I was in finances for christ sake. I was the financial manager, I shouldn't have to be doing this.

I resisted the urge to toss the sheet into the trash can beside me.

This wasn't fair.
It was raining and this was the perfect weather for me to lock the door of my office, wrap myself in a blanket with lucifer playing on my laptop screen.

I should be playing hooky not doing this.

I read the number stapled to the sheet.
"Number 48?"

"Number 48?" I repeated.

I hear the woman manning the door and in charge of bringing the applicants in, echo me.

When there still isn't any response, I finally toss the sheet into the bin.

Then I hear his voice.

"I'm here, number 48, I'm here."

I hear squeaky sounds, probably from his wet shoes dragging along the ground.

"I'm so sorry." He apologies.

That voice,

"Casper?" I whispered.

I stretch over to grab the sheet back, almost falling off my seat and finally take a look at the applicant's name.

CASPER GRANT.

Suddenly, I feel grateful to my dad for forcing me to do this.

And as the door opens and his perfect face comes into view, I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

I found him.

I found Casper.

V O T E.
C O M M E N T.
F O L L O W.

_________

C A S P E R ©️ .
M Y E R S ™️ .