0 5 : D R U N K P R O P O S A L S .

C A S P E R.
November 11th, 2021.
Everly's bar.

I blinked unsure of what I just heard.

"What?"

"Let's get married, walking down the aisle stuff, matching rings and all."

"What? " I croaked out again.

Yes, I did think about Heaven Dunkins much often that should be considered healthy, but get married?

"Did I stutter Grant?"

I return the favour,
"Are you drunk Dunkins?"

"A little but that's not the issue right now. Let's get married. "

She was definitely drunk.
"Woman! We just met four days ago."

There's a look akin to horror on her face.
Her blue eyes widen and she looks like she's about to cry.

'My God, was she serious?'

She jabs a finger in my face
"Follow me." she says.

She staggers a little as she walks out of the door.
I notice her pants are black this time.

I following a little unwillingly.

No one pays too much attention to us as we leave.
They're all too absorbed in their little stories.

Miss Williams is talking of her cousin who had put to bed just today and wails about how she wanted to get married quickly and have children also.

It seemed a little suspicious to me.

She was either singing the same song everyday or she actually had enough cousins to give birth each day since I resumed work.

Such perfect timing.

Mr Black, an almost balding man sat beside her and listened attentively. Well, his attention was mostly on the breast which seemed to spilled out of the low cut blouse she wore.

It was only a matter of time before Miss Williams noticed.

The breeze is the first thing to hit me when I step out of the bar. Heaven Dunkins has her arms folded, her Prada heels tapping on the concrete floor.

I raise an eyebrow at my boss who was acting a little different today.

"So?" She motions to herself "Ring a bell?"

"Of course, Boss."

She looks annoyed at that.
"We've met before, don't you remember?"

I'm about to say an abrupt no but the expression on her face had me pausing.
"No?" I say slowly.

"We spent the night together."

I choke.

Her eyes seemed to search my face for something.

"Oh my God , you don't actually remember."

"I'm sorry, I don't think we did" because I would definitely remember.

"I don't understand, am I that forgettable?"

I'm about to tell her that I was sure I would remember if we did spend a night together, because we would definitely do a whole lot more than holding hands.

That I would remember those hands, made sure she remembered mine too.
I would remember how those legs felt around me and how her skin tasted.

But she suddenly grabs a mirror out of the pocket of her coat and scans her face.

"My face is not forgettable! What is wrong with you?"

Of course I was the problem.
The laughter was out before I could stop it.

Everything about her did have the ability to spread every good emotion to me.

And this emotion I was feeling right now made me feel light, it made my hand itch to touch her, to bring her closer, so this feeling would last for a longer time.

But it seemed like I was the only one feeling that way.

"Do you find this funny?"

'A little. '

"No, I'm sorry for my unreliable memory, how did we meet before? "

She cleared her throat,
"Earlier this year, on the twenty fifth of January..... "

I tried to remember.
Something was right there in my head but I couldn't grasp it long enough to see what it was.

".....the rape inci— "

Fuck, I did remember.

I found it hard to remember faces if I didn't keep seeing them repeatedly, it was how I always managed to walk past most of my high school friends without even realising. It did save me a lot of trouble.

But now I wished I had remembered at least her face, because how could I forget?

H E A V E N .
November 11th, 2021.
Everly's bar.

"Heaven"
He mostly sounded confused at work, like he was trying so hard not to mess up but now his voice was soft this time, just how I had remembered it.

Still I tried to push on, I was more hurt than I would care to admit about the fact that he had forgotten me while I had kept him close to my heart all this while.

"There were thre— "

I felt his hand on my arm.
"I remember, I just forgot the face that went with the event. "

Hurt once again by his words I raise my voice,
"So you admit you think my face is forgettable?"

He paused, unsure of how the subject had changed this quickly, then he started laughing again.

But this time his body fell into me –not enough to make me lose balance– his head rested on my right shoulder and his hands at my sides.

I could feel the vibrations travel through my body and then, that closeness I had felt on that morning stuck in my memory was back again.
And with how he stuck to calling me Heaven the next time he spoke, I'm sure he felt it too.

He moves away when he notices what he just did and I'm sure the butterflies dancing in my stomach would find a way to explode.

"It'll never happen again." He promised.
I nodded, a smile on my face, then moved on to more important issues.

"So can we get married now? "

It seemed like the effects of alcohol hadn't worn off yet, but I did want to marry him.
Alcohol or not.

He had seemed confused and a little bit shocked when I had first brought it up but now he just seemed amused.

"Why don't you try asking me that next time you're sober? "

I notice our fingers are intertwined.
"So you'll say yes if I ask you when I'm sober?"

"No, there's supposed to be a process, Heaven, we haven't even gone on dates and you're supposed to win your partner over. "

He flicked my nose lightly.
"So you'll say yes if I do all this?"

"Yes" he replied, taking his hand back.

I knew he had probably said that to appease me as our remaining co-workers were walking out of the bar and now they had to go back to acting professional, but he didn't know what he had gotten himself into.

OPERATION WIN CASPER OVER WAS A GO!

__________

V O T E .
C O M M E N T .
F O L L O W .

__________
C A S P E R ©️ .
M Y E R S ™️ .