0 4 : T E A M D I N N E R S .

C A S P E R
19: 20 pm.
November 11th, 2021.
Everly's bar.

I stared at the glass doors of the very busy bar in front of me and wondered if anyone would notice if I decided never to go in. Heaven Dunkins probably would from the way she had emphasised that I had better for here for my supposedly welcome party.

She hadn't directly said it.
But from the way she had grasped her hands and stretched her lips in a tight smile when I had said I may not be able to make it, I didn't want to take any chances.

If I didn't know better, I would have said she was doing this to see more of me.

Silly me.

The night air was a little humid. There was a low hum from a generator a little distance away and the sound of crickets could be heard.

A bit of Heaven Dunkins laughter floated towards me earning a smile. It was something that always managed to bring about that effect, although that was something I would never let anyone or her see.

There was a way she laughed that felt so refreshing, her head would tilt back ever so slightly and I could swear there were stars that seemed to dance around behind those blue eyes.

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I remembered what she wore today.
Purple pants that hugged her and a very light purple turtle neck.

It was a shame really, I felt like skirts would do her more justice with her legs that seemed to go on for days. Not like she didn't look absolutely breathtaking already.

And when she was angry, dear lord.

I needed to stop, before I started imagining my boss's legs wrapped around me while I peppered kisses on her oh-so-fine neck.

'A little too late for that now, wasn't it?'

I grabbed my age old phone from my pocket and long pressed on the number one. Loveth picked on the third ring. She had probably seen my name flash across the phone screen, glared at it and pondered on whether or not to pick the call.

"Yes?"

"Jeez, no need to sound annoyed. Were you busy?"

"Catching up on movies? Yes. "

"Don't you have a test tomorrow?"

"Yes, and?"
I could imagine my sister rolling her eyes.
"Why are you calling?"

"I'll be a little late today."

"And?"

'And? Really, and?'
This child.

"There are leftovers in the fridge, don't leave any lights you're not using on and make sure you help get Mom sober when she comes home."

After thousands of efforts from myself and others on making sure her sobriety lasted more than two hours. It was safe to say now that it was hopeless.

"Why do I have to clean up her mess?"

I rubbed at my temple as the image of my drug addict of a mom falling asleep in her vomit before I got back formed.

"Because she's your mom, just d----"

I gasp when I'm left with only a dial tone.
This little piece of shit.

I shove the phone back into my pocket and let out a sigh before pushing open the doors of the bar.

Might as well get this over with.

H E A V E N.
20: 00 pm.
November 11th, 2021.
Everly's bar.

I glanced up just as the doors swung open and Casper walks in.

I almost jump out of my seat in excitement, to wave hysterically at him. I was a little worried he wouldn't show up, I mean, he was the reason I was here.

Instead, I send him a slight nod when our eyes meet, in acknowledgement.

Very professional.

I had made sure to save a seat for him beside me, because he probably felt more comfortable with me as I was his direct boss.

The only reason, of course.

"Good evening. " he whispered, his breath fanned my neck as he bent to sit.

'We had ditched the ma a day ago.'

A shy intern, which I had come to the conclusion I didn't like, beats me in offering a glass to him.

He smiles at her.
She giggles, her cheeks heating up.
Absolutely disgusting.

I turned to him "Casper..."
This was my chance to finally bring it up.
It escaped my mind everytime we were at work, because all I ever did was focus on doing my job.

I couldn't tell if he did remember me.
I had tried to check for any sign he did when we met during the interview, but he didn't seem like someone who showed his emotions on his face.

Remembering how our actual first meeting came about wasn't something I liked doing.

Although it still stayed fresh in my mind.
Their manic smiles.
Heaving breaths.
And those disgusting wandering hands.

A memory that would have become much worse if Casper hadn't showed up.

A stranger, at that time, who had gone out of his way to make sure I wasn't another victim of rape.

I remembered how gentle had being.
How nice, handsome too, caring.

He had tried to book an hotel room when I told I was too scared to go back to my apartment alone.
An expensive one.

And it had been funny when his card had declined and he was fumbling, his cheecks tinted a light pink.

I ended up paying for a suite instead, and had begged him to stay with me just for the night in exchange.

He did, promising to stay just outside the door of the room of the suite so I could feel safe enough to sleep.

I didn't realise how serious he was until the next morning when I had opened the door and found him hunched on the floor, a slight snore on his lips.

He had stayed a little that morning and told me stories to keep me occupied as I ate breakfast.

He told me about his sister, loveth and how much I would love her if we met.
About his dad whom he had lost at a young age.
About how michevious he was when younger.

And only when he had me bunched over, my hands clutching my stomach, tears in my eyes, did he finally leave.

Three days later, I decided I had made a mistake letting him go and I wanted to see more of him.
But he hadn't left a number and I hadn't asked for one either.

But now after just spending 3 days with him and finding out little habits of his, I wanted to know more, so much more.

What type of music did he like?
Did he gym? Because he looked good enough to eat.

Cough.

What did he like?
What didn't he like?

So I made a decision, it was the only thing making sense in my head right now.

He was staring at me, his glass halfway to his lips.
The bar was rowdy and no-one was paying much attention to us, so the chances of them hearing what I was about to say was really low.

I took a deep breath and finally let it out.

"Let's get married."

__________

V O T E .
C O M M E N T .
F O L L O W .

___________

C A S P E R ©️ .
M Y E R S ™️ .