0 2 : H I R E D ?

H E A V E N.
12: 59 pm.
November 5th, 2021.
Dunkins headquarters.

Evans let out a scoff.
"Well, welcome, " he scowled "how nice of you to grace us with your presence."

"My apologies sir."

He looked absolutely tired, like he hadn't slept for days. I wanted to walk up to him — the others be dammed — and wrap him in a hug.

"So nice of you to join us Mr Grant." Another voice rang out reminding me that we were still in the middle of an interview.

'Unnecessary.'

Casper's face scrunched apologetically, his jet black hair was wet and I watched as water seemed to crawl from it and run down the sides of his face.

God, he was so beautiful.
Like a love song written just for me.

Just as Casper was about to spit out an apology, Evans cut him off.

"Why do want to work here?"

From the way Evans sounded, I knew he was just asking this to humour him. The bitter ugly blonde definitely had every intention to cancel Casper.

"Well _ I...I..."

His eyes darted to the side as he probably tried to remember the damn speech he had memorised minutes ago.

A bulbering mess.
Cute.

He obviously came up with nothing when he resorted to saying instead that he'd work hard in whatever position he was given.

Homeboy was going to ruin his interview without even trying.

I slammed my palm on the desk, raising myself up abruptly, causing everyone to stare at me.

"This is exactly the kind of attitude we want!"

"It is?"

The brown–haired guy who had spoken was someone whom I could say gets me.
And considering they few people who could make that list, he was someone I liked to keep close.

Which is why I forced him into this hell with me.
If I suffer he does too.

It was only fair.

Timothy, the brown–haired obviously, was the only one who didn't seem too fazed at my behaviour

"Of course," I continued, "this determination is exactly what we are after."

"We are?" Now, Timothy sounded amused.

"Now tell me, Mr Grant, "
The news of my behaviour would get to my dad by the end of the day, not like any of us cared.

"How would you like to be my hardworking secretary?"

"Girl, you have a secretary already. " Timothy whispered so only she could hear.

He pushed his glasses back up his nose.
When we were still nothing but mere aquintances, I assumed it was a nervous habit of his.

But now I knew better, Timothy was clearly amused.

'Not anymore.'

"You don't need a secretary, that wasn't even what he applied for. " Evans protested.

I ignored him, focusing on my main priority at the moment.

"Well I-- " he looked confused, like this was supposed to be a trick question.
"I'd love nothing more? "

"Perfect. " I stretched out my hand.
With how widely I was smiling, he probably thought I had gone mad.

Timothy's head was rested on his right arm on the table and his body seemed to shake.
From the little sounds I was hearing, the little piece of shit was definitely laughing at me.

I kicked him, earning an ow.

"Congratulations Mr Grant. "

'Future husband to be'

"You're hired. "

C A S P E R
November 5th, 2021.
Dunkins headquarters.

"I'm hired? "

"You'd rather not be? "

"No, of course not. "

I get up quickly from my seat to accept her hand.

It was soft.
It should be, she looked like someone who probably had specific days booked for all kind of spa treatments.

I send one more smile of gratitude and move to retrieve my hand.

She doesn't let go.

I clear my throat awkwardly and proceed to try again.

Still no luck.

There was something about the way she was staring at me that made goosebumps rise along my arm.

The way her blue eyes seemed to glimmer.
Like a predator which had it's prey right where it wanted.

"Ow" she hisses as she finally let's go and turns to glare at the male at her side.

He pulls her back into her seat.

I read his lips as he whispers.
"Let's not jump him till you get a private room, yeah? "

Jump me?
My employer?

God, was this going to end up like one of the cases that he watched on the news?

Sexual harassment at one's workplace?

Although she didn't seem like the type.
Or was that beautiful blonde hair and mischievous blue eyes all a ruse?

"See you on Monday, Mr grant. " The male beside her spoke again then adjusted his glasses.

He was staring too, but this felt different.
He just looked purely entertained, I shuffled on my feet.

Were they dating?

"Yes sir. " I say with a slight bow.
I grab my briefcase.

The blonde seems to want to say more but then the brown haired male moves to pat her head which earns a glare from her.

"Easy now, Heaven. " he laughs.

The conversation is low enough that I'm surprised I manage to catch it, although, I doubt the others would. With the new applicants coming in, they seemed occupied.

Heaven.
She definitely looked the name.

V O T E.
C O M M E N T.
F O L L O W.

_______

C A S P E R ©️ .
M Y E R S ™️ .