0 3 : F I S H O U T O F W A T E R .

---- Imagine the blazer and pants black but with a white long sleeved dress-up shirt.

---- xo

C A S P E R.
6: 01 am.
November 8th, 2021.
Dunkins headquarters.

I decided to come earlier than I was expected for work, which turned to be a great idea.

It seemed like 7:30 meant much more earlier —earlier like before the sun rises properly — for secretaries and the lower ranked staffs.

Especially for the secretaries.

It was barely past six when I arrived and after spending a good twenty minutes to find the financial department and then another five to find my employer's office. I was feeling like a fish out of water.

Things not playing out the way I had mapped them in my head tended to do that to me.

"Who are you? "

The speaker looks like she'd be in her mid-twenties, her olive toned face is streaked with tears and there are files everywhere around.

She looks like she had gone through all stages of grief.

"The new secretary? "I offer.

My pointer taps at the side of my thighs when she keeps staring at me.
I raise an eyebrow in challenge.

She stares some more, then suddenly let's out the most heart wrenching wail I've ever heard.

Everyone stops for a while to stare at us then go back to what they were doing like none of this was happening.

"I hope you're happy. " she sobbed.

Well, I was anything but happy with this drama she was acting out so intently.

"Valerie? " someone calls.

I turn to find another brunette walking towards us with a file in her hand.

God, I hope she's nothing like the one sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Is that supposed to be my letter of dismissal? " Valerie's bottom lip quivers

The other female looks concerned "Are you okay?"

"It is, isn't it?"

More tears.
'When would this end?'

"After all I've done for her, she dumps me for him? "

The other brunette rolls her eyes "Drama queen, you got promoted."

Valerie hiccups "I did? But I'm not supposed to be up for promotion anytime this year."

"Are you going to take it or continue with this Oscar worthy drama?"

Valerie was up from the floor immediately, she snatched the file greedily.

Her smile seemed to stretch more wider to the the extent where it looked creepy as she read the contents of the file.

With mascara stained cheeks and a ear splitting grin, Valerie lets out an excited squeal.

"I love you Heaven Dunkins."

She turns to look at me and I stop myself from shuddering in fear at the sight of her face.

"Poor you, "she laughs "you're going to regret taking my job by the end of the day."

Like I had the leisure to regret things.

I barely had time to recover from all that when files where pushed into his hands.