Vision's Next Save

"Hey- Hey!" Someone was shaking her

She knew that voice. But who was it?

Astrid's thoughts were all muddy, but she did realize her face was wet and she was shaking after a moment. And she was curled up into a ball on her side.

She forced her eyes open, lifting her head. It was Momo Yaoyorozu.

Astrid's eyes widened, "Momo?"

"You sounded like you were crying..." The girl said slowly, eyes full of concern. "I wanted to check on you. It looked like you were having a nightmare, but not like... normally. Your breathing was heavy and you were literally sobbing – Does that make sense?"

Astrid sat up. "Sort of..." Had that all really just been a dream? She believed it had actually happened, but she shifted to her feet. Maybe they were still alive. Maybe it was only a dream.

"Well, I um... Made some tea and the girls helped with pancakes for breakfast. Everything's ready if you'd like to come out and eat with us."

"Oh... yeah – Yeah, I'll be out in a minute."

Astrid pulled on sweatpants and a matching hoodie and brushed out her hair. She tied it up in a ponytail and walked into the common area.

Kaminari, Jiro, Kirishima, Bakugo, and a few others were sitting on the sofas, eating breakfast quietly.

Astrid found her hands shaking as she took the mug Momo offered her. The girl had already turned and walked over to join the rest on the sofa who were watching some cartoon Astrid had never heard of.

Two hands wrapped around her's from behind and stopped her from shaking. She felt a chin resting on the crook of her neck.

Astrid's heart leapt into her throat. Shoto. He was alive.

So it had been a dream, she thought. But that doesn't mean... that doesn't mean this can't happen.

Shoto didn't speak, but just the gesture let her know he was feeling better, and that he was curious as to why her hands were shaking.

"L-long story," she whispered. "Long story..."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really..."

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"What the hell is that?"

"Astrid, watch your langu-" The comment caused her father to raise his eyes to see the clouds darkening. And then there were screams as a giant dark figure with a man riding it flew over head. "Well shit."

"Dad!"

The shadow landed in front of the two heroes and it seemed to melt into the shape of a man. This man was tall, thin, and pale. He looked like a skeleton almost. His hair was starch white and his skin was even paler than that, but his eyes were pitch black. Not only the iris, but the whole eye – whites and all.

He wore a loose black t-shirt and jeans.

The man hobbled towards them, arms outstretched and lips curling into a cruel smile, "I believe it's time to introduce myself to the world, and I think I'll start by taking out the two heroes before me. I WILL BE KNOWN AS VIRO: THE HERO WHO KILLED ERASER-HEAD AND VISION!"

Astrid tugged at the scarf around her neck as her father did the same – She was glad he let her father convince her to wear her hero costume on this patrol.

"Like hell you will," Astrid murmured, eyes narrowing as she activated her quirk alongside Aizawa. Eyes red, ink-black hair floating around their shoulders, the two advanced slowly.

That's when they both heard another strangled shout. As the man got closer, Astrid noticed a silver-haired boy struggling in the grasp of a black tentacle of shadow, seeming to be originated from the villain they were facing.

The boy was squirming, gasping for air. And then after another second, his body went limp. And that's when Aizawa landed a hit, erasing the man's quirk along with capturing him.

Astrid lunged for the boy, catching him before his head hit the pavement. She held him sitting upright just slightly. She checked for a pulse – Still alive. Good.

Suddenly, he gasped, eyes flying open. The boy had bright, turquoise eyes: Enough to tell Astrid he definitely had a quirk.

He blinked a few times, catching his breath. Then he realized Astrid's presence.

"Why, hello there, darlin'." He was American – From Texas, by the sound of it.

Astrid's eyes narrowed as she helped him to his feet. "Hello – Ah – Where are you going? Medical tent is this way..."

The boy smiled, "I am in no need of medical attention, gem." He assured her, "Thanks for the save, though. Maybe one day I'll be able to even the score."

"What?"

But he was already walking away.