Rewrite Prologue/CH.1

Everything was quiet. The only sound being pencils on paper, or the typing of keyboards. An occasional soft murmur here and there, but otherwise quiet. The class had been assigned with choosing and researching the flower they were going to grow. This was the gardening club. This was the first meeting of the year. And a whole slew of teens was scattered around.

Ranboo, the tallest in the club room, had taken the corner when he had arrived. He didn't have many friends. None, actually. His foster dad and himself had just moved to this small town 3 day ago. It was surreal. Ranboo had never been to such a beautiful place.

He had always been jumping from home to home in the bustling, busy city. He had seen all types of characters and lived with them to. He doesn't remember much, he never has, and that seems sad, but he's lucky. The teen has been bounced to rich people, poor people, nice people, mean, old, young, black, white, gay, straight, caring, abusive. He would have lost count of all his foster homes if he could even remember them.

He can't remember who his original parents were, or what happened to them. Vaguely, he remembered staying with his aunt temporarily, Z is all he remembered of her name. Speaking of names, he could not even remember his own. It started with an M, but that's all he was sure of, and even that was ify. Shows how bad his memory is. Instead, he called himself Ranboo.

Now, after an uncountable number of foster homes, he was here. In a new town, new home, new school. Three hours away and he was in a mildly populated town with more trees and meadows and fresh air than he has ever seen. He didn't have much hope with this latest foster home, so he wanted to take in as much as possible, which is why he joined the gardening club.

Sure, he hated school, but he'd rather do this than go back.... 'home'. Yeah, Alex, his foster dad, was nice and all, but their relationship was strained and awkward. Alex wasn't good with kids and Ranboo didn't trust anyone anymore. This place was actually the pinkett's hometown. How Ranboo would have loved to have grown up here.

And yes, he loves the town, but he hates the school. In the city, there are so many different people in looks and in personality. You kinda just don't care about anyone different, and boy, was Ranboo different. He was a 6'7" teenager, and yes, there were some tall teens, and yes, that isn't super tall.

But he also had a skin problem. And it was not acne. He has half of his body with naturally light pigmented skin, and the other half a pale white. Sucks having vitiligo in literally just half his whole body. His hair on the natural skin side was a nice brown, and the other side a bleached white, brown root peeking out. His eyes were a mix between green, blue, and brown around the pupils. To help cover this, he wore long pants, sleeves, mask, glasses and some gloves.

People said he was unique, tried to make him feel better, but he just feels like a monster. Like he was some careless kids failed science experiment. And although he loomed over everyone, his height was another insecurity. And insecurities made him, ironically, feel small. He was taller than all the adults in his life, for gods' sake!

And now here he sat, surrounded by friends that were not his, scared. 3 tabs open, one where his assignment was posted, and the two other websites about alliums. He was quickly scribbling the information out, trying to ignore the kid not so discreetly peeking at his computer screen. Actually, the kid wasn't even hiding it! Half his body hung from his seat and he was straining his neck to see. Ranboo glanced a couple times, thankful that no one could see his eyes through his glasses.

"Hello!" the short brunette beamed at Ranboo. The latter tried to ignore him, just continue on his work, he could pretend he was deaf or something. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the corners of the brunette's mouth droop. Ranboo kinda felt bad, but he was horrible with people, what was he supposed to do? A sudden yell proved that he should have replied.