Part 1

Y/n y/l/n

"You should apply for the position y/n."

"This again, really?" I sigh, dramatically falling against the back of my chair before spinning around till I was met with Harrison.

"Yes, this again. Come on y/n/n, you haven't even heard me out."

"Maybe because I know it won't change anything?"

"You're kidding right?" He stares at me, completely exasperated.

I remain silent, challenging his gaze with my own. Seemingly trying to get one another to give in, but I knew Harrison, and that wasn't going to happen.

"You have two minutes."

"I only need one." I tilt my head to the side, narrowing my eyes slightly, impressed with his confidence.

"Well?"

"Y/n, you've been working here for almost 6 years-"

"So has Sydney."

"As if Sydney actually knows what's going on at all. She makes her assistant do everything and is so hard on her. Would you want a tyrant running all of us?"

"Gosh Haz, you are beyond dramatic, seriously."

"You think I'm being dramatic?"

"Whatever, you have thirty seconds."

"Okay, yeah, y/n, we both know how passionate you are about your job, you're literally the one person who loves coming to work everyday. You wouldn't need to stop designing and besides, you'd be the best manager ever."

"That all?"

"Yep." He nods proudly, "that, and you already have an assistant."

"Haz, you know I don't. I've never had an assistant."

"I'll never understand why you chose not to, but what I mean is that you have me."

"Are you saying.."

"Consider me part of the promotion."

He's now caught my attention completely.

If I did ever apply and happened to land the position, I would need to hire an associate designer.

I've always preferred doing things myself.

If you asked me, It was just the way I was after so many years of relying on myself, but then again, if you asked someone else, they'd clearly mark it down as one of my weaknesses.

I mean, I could see where they were coming from. I became closed off because after what happened, relying on anyone again the way I had, suddenly started feeling a lot more frightening and I didn't want to go through any of that again.

I'll be the first to admit that I like things done a specific way and that's why I tend to do things myself because that's the only way I know it's right.

However, if there was one person in this whole office building that I trusted to be my assistant, it would be Harrison.

He knew me like the back of his hand, knowing exactly how I organized my work, how I ran my filing system, how I scheduled meetings and what time I took lunch breaks.

For once, I wouldn't need to question absolutely everything someone else was doing for me at the same time I was worrying about my own work.

"I can practically see the gears turning in your head." His teasing snaps me straight back into the business of the office area. "So?"