Part 2

Y/n Y/l/n

It's been around thirty minutes since I sent that message and I've considered deleting it at least ten times.

I know I'm being ridiculous. It's just a message, this person may not even respond. That's if they're even real.

They must be real though right? It wouldn't have validated if it wasn't, but I don't exactly know how American phone numbers work.

I flip my phone upside down, the screen now facing the surface of my desk as I try to get back into my work.

My eyes follow the patterns my pencil makes across the page until I take the pencil away, staring down at the almost complete design.

These designs were due for our meeting tomorrow, which although is a lot of work, it's the one thing I absolutely love to do.

So a few hours spent on them is far from the worst thing I could be doing.

I perk up at the notification sound which snaps my attention away from the paper and places it straight back onto my phone.

The anxiety I had earlier from waiting for a response starts to flood back into my system.

I stare at my cover, as if the longer I stared, the phone would somehow manage to turn itself over and respond.

God, I'm pathetic.

Hesitantly, I flipped the phone over and my eyes immediately drift over the new message notification.

ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴀɢᴇꜱ                                   𝗡𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗯𝗼𝘂𝗿

𝗨𝗵,𝗵𝗶?

I mean, it's sort of relieving to know that they are at least a real human being. Why am I overthinking this?
I talk to people everyday, it's not that hard.

I let my fingers slide across the keys and hit the send button before I have the chance to question myself anymore.

𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

I don't think you can really go wrong with that, can you?

Actually scratch that, it seems like I definitely could.

< 36 unread

| | 14:06 pm | |

| | 14:06 pm | |

𝗨𝗵,𝗵𝗶?

𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

𝐮𝐡, 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?

What if this wasn't a good idea, I'm probably bothering some random person in the middle of their day.