Part 5

Sebastian Stan

"I swear, it's like I just spoke to a wall." I let my fingers tap against my screen as I raise my gaze slowly towards Anthony.

"What'd you say?"

"Of course you didn't hear me, you're way too busy messaging your girl."

With that, I lock my phone, letting it fall into my lap as I shift slightly on the couch.

"She isn't my girl Mackie. At this moment she's practically a stranger." I shrug, noticing the smug look that spreads across his features.

"A stranger you enjoy talking to, a lot." He smirks and I can't help but roll my eyes. "She must really be something if she's got you this stuck on your phone, considering it takes you three to five working days to answer usually."

"Maybe that's just when I message you." I shrug teasingly, knowing he would pick up on that easily. "How'd you know I was messaging her anyways?"

"You mean besides the fact that you're practically glued to your phone?" He teases again and I shake my head, leaning forward until my arms were propped against my thighs.

"Yeah Mackie, besides that."

"You get this smile on your face whenever you speak to her."

"She is quite entertaining, what can I say?" I smile softly, my mind running over our conversations briefly.

"You can say that you've got a crush."

"I barely know her, I can't have a crush on her."

"Yet. You're getting there with the whole 'knowing her' thing. Besides, you didn't deny it."

"You're drilling me here, with all my luck, she may not even be real." My nose scrunches up slightly at that thought, she had to be real.

"Worried you're being catfished Seabass?"

"Mackie..."

"Okay, okay. Does she not have a profile picture?"

"She doesn't, but to be fair, neither do I, so I can't blame her for not putting one up."

"Okay, here's a crazy idea, why don't you just ask her for her Instagram or something?"

"You know Mackie, I totally didn't think of that. It would be such a great idea until she asks for me for mine, or better yet, getting a notification that I followed her."

"Oh, I see. You haven't told her yet."

"Of course I haven't. What am I supposed to say?" I sigh, falling back against the couch in frustration. "Hey, I know we've been talking for weeks now, but I forgot to mention a really small detail. I'm actually Sebastian Stan."

"No, you sound stupid."

"Exactly." I say exasperated.

"It's almost as if it would have been easier if you had just told her at the start."

"Mackie, you know better than anyone that I can't just go around telling people who I am. Especially when they have my phone number!"

"Okay, yeah, I get that, but you know you're gonna have to tell her eventually and the later you leave it, the worse it's gonna be."

"You really know how to reassure someone man."

"Sorry Seabass, I'm not trying to freak you out over here."

"Yeah, we'll, you're not doing a very good job." He leans forward, nudging me as he laughs deeply.

"What I mean to say, is that I can see you like her, whether you know her or not, so having something like this hanging over you wouldn't stand in your best stead."