Part 7

Y/n Y/l/n

"Why are there so many people in here?" I huff softly to myself, but that doesn't stop Ashley from overhearing me, as usual.

"Maybe because it's a club?" She teases, and I roll my eyes as she laughs.

"Yeah, yeah. You know what I meant."

"Of course I did, little miss introvert. I just like teasing you." I shake my head, laughing softly as she grabs my hand and pulls me into the crowd of people, directing the four of us towards an open booth.

"Hey Ash, where's Cole?" Sydney asks, as she slides into the booth last.

"Should be here soon, I think he's picking his friend up along the way." She shrugs, and I try my best to keep my attention on the conversation as my eyes wander around the club.

"Ooh, a single friend?" Chelsea piped in, and I can't help but laugh, turning my gaze back towards our table.

"Very, but I was hoping he and Little Miss over here.." she says, nudging my arm slightly, "would hit it off."

"I wouldn't bank on it Chels, I say go for it." I respond, trying to find a way to avoid being set up with another random man.

"Okay, okay. Before you get all hasty, why don't we get a round of drinks, and then we can see." Ashley speaks, already calling over a waiter to get a round of drinks.

In no time, the waiter had returned with four shots, placing them in front of each of us before walking away.

"Glasses up girls."

After gently knocking out glasses together, I tilt my head back, letting the strong liquid run down my throat.

I shut my eyes, shaking my head slightly to get rid of the overwhelming taste as I place the glass back down onto the table.

"I do have to ask." I turn my gaze to Chelsea as she pushes her glasses towards the middle of the table. "What's the occasion tonight?"

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head slightly to the side, waiting for her to elaborate.

"You just don't seem to be hesitant with the drinks tonight."

"Well, if you must know," I sighed, mentally reminding myself of that application form that had been sitting on my desk. "Evelyn is retiring next month and I may or may not be applying for the position."

"Oh my gosh!!" My eyes widened at the loudness of Sydney's voice, noticing the few people next to us turn to look at her. "Y/n/n, this is amazing."

"I haven't decided anything just yet."

"Okay maybe you haven't, but I definitely think you should consider it." Chelsea added, corroborating Sydney's statement. "Girl, you work, possibly way too much, but we all know that you're amazing at what you do."

"Besides, the change could be good for you." Ashley says, managing to say exactly what was already running through my mind.

"Evelyn said the same thing." I mutter, letting my mind wonder for a bit.