(Chapter 5) Feelings

~A month later~

Hendrickson thought back to that day in the Celestial Realm when he was riding back with Arcadia and the others. Why was she shocked when he thanked her? Was she not used to being thanked? Why did she sound so...emotional when she responded. He really did care about her, but lately, he had been developing feelings for her, faster than he'd like to admit. She was very kind and selfless, there was no doubting that at all. However, she seemed to be especially softhearted and gentle natured towards him. He couldn't deny his feelings when he got butterflies in his stomach whenever she said hello to him, but he knew she also was hiding something, and he wanted to know what she was hiding from him. He couldn't help but think of her all the time, eventually leading to where he was now, standing in front of Howzer in the courtyard as he spoke. "So, are you gonna tell her today, or are you gonna wait until the day you die, Hendy?" he asked, a smirk on his face as his eyes held a mischievous glint. "I swear if you ask me that again, then I'm telling Zaratras and Dreyfus that it was you that snuck into the kitchen and ate all of the chocolate chip cookies." he threatened, keeping the Apprentice Holy Knight quiet for the time being.

"Alright, I think that's enough for today, I'm exhausted. How about we go out to eat tonight at the Yawn of the Black Cat, eh?" Zaratras asked late in the evening. Hendrickson smiled and nodded as he spoke. "Perhaps we could invite Arcadia to come along with us. She does love the fish pie there." he said, before the two agreed, and the druids parted ways to go to their rooms to get ready for the evening. It was getting late, and the sun had almost completely set by now, meaning that he would have to leave soon, but he wanted to tell her how he felt. If he did that later than now, he might not get the chance to before she went to sleep. Eventually, the druid went to find Arcadia, so that he could tell her how he felt. He didn't care if she never spoke to him again if that was how she reacted, but he had to know if she felt the same, even if she didn't feel that way, rather than wait until it was too late to tell her.

After Hendrickson looked for her for a little bit, he noticed that Arcadia was walking alongside Bartra, a surprised look on his face as she listened to him speak. Hendrickson got close enough to catch the tail end of the conversation the two were having. "So, a week with each group then?" she asked, causing the silver haired male to nod. "If you don't want to choose a group to stay with, then you can always still stay here with Zaratras and your other friends, Arcadia. I'm not pressuring you to choose the Pleiades or the Roars of Dawn as a group to stay in, just advising you to do so because it would help either of the groups out." he explained, causing her to nod before she spoke. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to meet either group, but I have a feeling that this has to do with the general presence I have, according to others." Bartra nodded softly. "So in other words, you want your brother to look into that, don't you?" she pressed, causing the king of Liones to nod once again. Arcadia sighed deeply before she spoke again. "When do I leave and can I start with the Pleiades first to get that part over with?" she asked. "Well, to answer the first question, you leave in two weeks so that you can say your goodbyes and whatnot. For the second," he sighed "I suppose you could. Let me ask if Denzel is alright with it." he said, causing her to nod. "Alright, then I suppose I'll oblige you for this, but it really doesn't matter what group I go to first, so long as I don't have to stay for more than a week with each, and so that I can get back here and talk with Hendrickson. I'll miss him the most if I'm being honest." she said, before walking off...and bumping into Hendrickson almost immediately after rounding a corner. Hendrickson's face was red, his teal eyes staring down at the woman as her blue eyes looked up at him. "Oh, Hendrickson, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking up at him with owlish wide eyes. "I-I um, well, you see," he took a deep breath before he tried again. "Do you mind if we walk and talk for a minute, if you have time to spare at least?" he asked, hiding the blush that spread to the tips of his ears and covered his cheeks behind his hand, looking down at her as she smiled softly. "I'd like that." she said, walking with him before the two stopped and saw a place that was mostly secluded from most of the rest of the castle. Arcadia leaned against one of the large support pillars that lined the castle, looking across the way to where Hendrickson stood. "I...I was hoping to postpone telling you this, seeing as you're leaving rather soon, but I had to take the chance and tell you how I feel about you." he said, his face flushing once again as he looked down at his feet. Arcadia's eyes widened as her face also flushed, for she had never been in a relationship before. She looked back at him, before a soft smile made its way onto her face. He then finally lifted his gaze to where his eyes locked with hers. "I've had feelings for you for a long time, but I didn't want to tell you because I didn't know how you felt, but I'm tired of waiting to tell you how I feel. I've loved you for a while now, and even if you tell me you don't feel the same way, I'll still love you even then." he said, looking back down as he prepared himself for the rejection he was going to face. However, instead of slapping him, or laughing at him, or making fun of him, or anything else, Arcadia stood properly and moved towards him, before he felt her hand gently cup his cheek, coaxing him to look at her. The two of them were so close, just mere inches apart, but it felt as though time stopped when he looked at her. Her hair caught the last rays of sunlight, causing it to have a sort of ethereal glow as he reached out and carded his fingers through the platinum locks. His heart was racing as she closed the space between them, pressing her soft lips against his and closing her eyes as he did the same. The two stayed like that for a few seconds, as if the whole world faded away entirely, leaving just the two of them, before she pulled away from him and looked up at him, her face pink and her eyes dewey as the male looked down at her. Hendrickson's face turned red as he looked to the side, a slight smile gracing his lips. "I assume that you feel the same then?" he asked, causing her to nod before burying her face in his chest. "I have for a while now, Hendrickson, I was just wanting to make sure that you felt the same." she whispered, before she heard him speak. "Now then, how about we join the other two? They're probably wondering where we are." he said, holding out his hand for her to take, and she gladly did, walking with him under the darkening sky as the stars started to appear above them.