(Chapter 12) The Necropolis Part 1

~Dream~

Arcadia looked around her and smiled, sitting in a field of flowers with her eldest brother as he weaved a flower crown for his friend, Nerobasta. The long raven haired male's large, pristine, white wings were folded, resting partially on the soft flowers below. Arcadia's own wings were just barely coming in, with her bottom two merely small bumps on her lower back. "Brother, can I have a flower crown?" she asked. "Perhaps when I'm done with this one, I'll make you one, Arcadia." he said, putting a hand on top of her head. "Is that a new dress, by the way?" he asked, looking down at her. She nodded excitedly as she spoke, a bright smile on her face. It was currently night time in the Celestial Realm, and the sky was filled with beautiful stars. "Arcadia, have I told you about how the stars in the sky came to be?" the ravenette beside her asked, causing her to shake her head no. The male beside her patted his lap, letting the small girl sit down and get comfortable before he spoke. "Well, long ago, when the Goddess Race first came to be, the Supreme Deity saw that the Demon Race caused a lot of deaths within our race. So, as a promise to us, to the Goddess and Celestial Races, she sent their souls to the heavens to shine for all of us to see, as stars, shining brightly for eternity." he said, causing Arcadia to frown slightly. Her brother noticed this, and addressed it. "What's wrong, little one?" he asked, his long straight hair blowing in the evening wind. "What about shooting stars?" she asked, turning to face him as she leaned into the secure warmth he provided as she looked up at him. "Shooting stars are the warriors and fighters of our race and of the races that we have as allies, flying up to meet those who came before them when they die. They are the most loyal, as they get to see the world they helped in their life one last time before passing on to go to the heavens and be with our ancestors and theirs." He then cupped the platinum haired girl's face in his hands, his features holding a melancholy sight to them as he spoke. "Listen to me, sister, and listen well. Those warriors will come back to warn us of upcoming trouble." he said, causing her to nod. "When thousands of our warriors and warriors of the other races take up their chariot once more to ride across the heavens, it means that Britania will soon after face her most desperate hour. Prepare for that day, for we all must face it together." he said. She faced forward and then spoke as she looked up at the sky. "Ludociel?" she asked, but she was met with silence, and turned to see nothing but empty space where her brother was. The wind picked up, and she brought her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them as she tightly shut her eyes and rocked back and forth. "Brother, I shall prepare for that day." she said to herself, looking back up at the star filled sky as everything faded to black.

~Dream End~

Arcadia woke up on the floor as Ban yawned beside her, glaring over at the white haired man as she got up and then kicked him until he was awake. "Gosh, 'm up, 's too early for things like this, you psychopath." he slurred tiredly. "You're the one who decided to sleep in my room, you jerk, now get," she pulled him to the edge of the start of the stairs as Hawk called for breakfast. "Up!" she finished, kicking him down the stairs. She then walked down as Ban slid down the stairs, causing Elizabeth and Hawk to cringe. "Geez, you'd think that a Holy Knight of Liones would be at least a little more caring towards her comrades, don't ya think?" Meliodas asked, causing the girl to scowl. "And a proper gentleman wouldn't force a princess to sleep next to a stupid little pervert such as yourself, now would he?" she asked, scowling at the blonde as he shrugged. Ban got up off of the floor and then sat at the bar with Arcadia as she watched the white haired man sigh. "I could really use a drink, Cap'n." he said, causing Arcadia to roll her eyes as Diane spoke. "A bit early for that, don't you think?" Diane asked, peeking into the tavern as she walked beside it. "How about you have some breakfast, Sir Ban?" Elizabeth asked, causing the Fox Sin to chuckle. "You don't actually expect me to eat his cooking, right?" the white haired male asked, Arcadia snickering quietly beside him as she thought of when he had tried it during their time in Liones. "Yeah, you sure learned your lesson back in Liones when you tasted Mel's cooking. You tried getting the taste out of your mouth for two days, and nothing worked." she said, laughing as Ban glared down at her slightly. Meliodas threw an ale bottle that he had shaken at Ban, smirking. "Well then, if you don't like it, then get it yourself." he said, causing Ban to grin from ear to ear like a kid in a candy store. "Will do. Agh!" he exclaimed, as ale spewed into his face from the bottle. Arcadia laughed harder as she watched him get up to wash his face. She wiped a tear from her face, smiling as she spoke. "So then, now that I'm in such a good mood, how about you tell me who we're looking for next?" she asked, looking over at Meliodas, who nodded. "We're looking for King, so naturally," Meliodas started. Arcadia sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as her features grew serious. "We'd have to go to the Necropolis, like Gilthunder said." she finished, looking at Meliodas as she nodded softly. Arcadia then agreed, and went back upstairs to get fully ready for the day. She put on a pair of boots and a white top, which had the symbol for Stigma on it. She then put on a pair of black leggings and her white long coat, which only had a few buttons near the top of it to allow for better movement while wearing it. She buttoned up the long coat and went back downstairs, nodding as Hawk's mom stopped. Meliodas made sure Elizabeth was okay and then walked out of the Boar Hat alongside the rest of the group aside from Diane, due to the fact that she was already outside waiting for them. Meliodas then told everyone that they were to set up shop in the town and bring in some customers. Ban was assigned to cooking duty, Hawk was assigned with helping Arcadia look for ingredients to cook with, Diane was assigned to be the poster girl, which she loved very much, and Elizabeth got waitressing duty alongside Arcadia after she was done finding ingredients. However, when Meliodas turned to tell Ban where the pantry was, only to find him and Arcadia both gone. He then sighed deeply, before heading off after telling the others to get to work, looking for the two that left.