(Chapter 27) Meliodas vs Fraudrin

"But how?! I could have sworn that my attack hit him!" Dreyfus yelled, frustrated, as Arcadia struggled to sit up. "It appears that I will have to take this into my own hands, then." she said, before getting out a sword that looked like the wings on her back. "Sacred Treasure Winged Sword, Release!" she called, as the blade started to glow. Arcadia launched herself at the demon and left him covered in cuts within seconds, a smirk on her face. "I will never drop down and die at the hands of a cold hearted individual, Fraudrin of the Demon Race." she said. "Then I'll crush you all like insects." Fraudrin threatened, as he went to crush Hendrickson under his foot, only for Merlin to teleport him away as Arcadia sighed in relief. "You ok, Dreyfus and Griamore!?" she yelled, as she faintly heard them both affirm that they were alive. She flew over to Hendrickson as she saw a flash of yellow blond, as Meliodas punched Fraudrin in the face before seemingly being stomped into the ground. " Damn you! Damn you! Damn you!" he cried, furious. Meliodas then began fighting him, matching him blow for blow, before the real one walked right through the clone. "Nice job, you held your own against my clone." he said, smiling. "What's wrong? Hey, say something, Fraudrin." the purple demon's eyes widened in shock and pure horror as Meliodas continued. "Seeing that arrogant face of yours go from hopeful to despair," Meliodas' demon mark appeared on his face as he smirked wickedly up at him. "Well there's nothing that could make me happier."

"Let's end this, Fraudrin, what do you say? This time, I'll get rid of you for good." Meliodas mocked, that smirk still on his face. "Let me help-" she was cut off by the look he gave her. "I'll kill you if you try to end him before me." he threatened, causing her to hold her hands up in defeat as she sat back down. "Nevermind." she mumbled. He turned back to Fraudrin and launched himself at him, soon leaving him covered in holes where he cut through him. Arcadia watched him shrink back to normal size as her eyes widened. "Not again." she mumbled, hiding her face in her hands. "Our hatred has been growing for three thousand years. While you drowned in your sentimental dreams, our race wallowed in the dark. We flamed for revenge against the Goddesses, against you!" he insulted, before Meliodas walked up and pat him on the side of the face as he spoke.

"It was the same way for me."

He smacked Fraudrin into the ground with enough force to send him flying. "Easy, don't die just yet." Meliodas taunted, slowly making his way toward the demon. Fraudrin then started pulling together the rest of his life force. "Even if you live, everyone here, including those in hiding, will be utterly annihilated." he said. "I wonder how long you can keep that mocking smi-" "Will you hurry up and die already, I'm starting to get sleepy." he interrupted, and there was no smirk now. No, he looked like he was boiling with barely contained rage. "Dreyfus, it looks like I'll be seeing you in the next life as well, it's a shame for your boy, though." he said, causing Dreyfus to hug Griamore tightly as he spoke. "Don't worry, son, I'll be with you until the very end." he said. "No." Griamore responded, pushing away from Dreyfus before running to Fraudrin and putting up a spherical barrier around him and the demon. "Griamore!" Arcadia called, horrified at what the child was doing. "Release that spell this instant, Griamore!" Dreyfus yelled, trying to break the wall. "Please, please don't do it. Don't kill anyone." Griamore begged Fraudrin, tears rolling down his cheeks as he spoke. "Let go of me, release the spell, brat!" Fraudrin yelled, but Arcadia could see that his facade was breaking. She knew that he cared about him deep down. Griamore sniffled and shook his head as Fraudrin slouched in defeat.

"Please, be a good boy," he said softly. Dreyfus yelled in anguish and desperation, as Fraudrin closed his eyes and thought for a second, before putting a hand over Griamore. "I won't kill your father, or anyone else." he finally said. "Promise?" Griamore asked, his wide green eyes staring up at him. Fraudrin stopped his detonation and sighed. "Yes, I promise, so take down this spell and go to him." he promised, before the bubble wall around the two dissolved into nothing, and Griamore ran to Dreyfus.

"It seems that I'm the one who was drowning in that sentimental dream, not you. I suppose that I never wished to truly see things the way you did." Fraudrin turned to Meliodas as Arcadia's eyes widened. "Kill me." he said simply. Before Meliodas smirked and used as much force as he could muster into a single punch to kill him, tearing him into shreds and blowing his top half clean off. Arcadia saw that same smirk on his face, but she knew that there was something wrong by the way he looked overjoyed when he had killed Fraudrin like that. She heard someone behind her clear their throat, and looked back to see Fraudrin. "Rest easy, I'll look after him in your absence, I promise." she said, causing him to nod before he faded away. She then got Hendrickson and the others and led them back to the castle, giving Meliodas and the other Sins present a chance to talk.