(Chapter 17) Return of the Commandments

~Dream~

Gloxinia smiled as Rosetta braided Gherade's hair, putting his head in his hands as he rested his elbows on his knees. The crimson haired Fairy King had been married to the lady for a little over a hundred years, and such a life with her was bliss. She had been there by his side since the Fairy Race had begun, and he had always leaned on her for support when he needed it, and vice versa. Rosetta felt a pair of hands gently grab her hair, as the scent of rosemary tickled her nose. "Gloxinia, what are you doing?" she asked, watching as the honey gold eyes she had grown to love met hers. "Just braiding your hair." he responded, starting to braid the white strands into a fishtail braid. Gloxinia then grabbed a few flowers, and started braiding them into her hair. When she tried to turn to look at him as he did so, he would turn her head back to facing straight. "You have to sit still, or I'll mess up, and then I'll have to undo the flowers a bit before I can finish. Besides, I'm almost done." he promised, causing her to nod before sitting still and waiting until he was done. "Alright, finished." he finally said, allowing the woman to look in the mirror that she had been given by Drole as a present not too long ago. She smiled as her eyes took in the sight of the small hyacinth flowers of different shades of blue and purple, dotted along the creases of the braids. They looked like they grew out of the creases in small moss like clumps, but she knew better. "Do you like it?" Gloxinia asked, causing the fairy to nod softly as she turned to face him. "Thank you, it looks beautiful, Gloxinia." she said, causing his face to turn red as he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her neck. Gherade cleared her throat, causing Rosetta to turn red faced as well, as she stuttered profusely before eventually giving up on trying to stop her lover from embarrassing her. "This is why I think the two of you are cute together." she commented, as Rosetta hid her face in her hands to cover the red that dusted her cheeks. "Idiot." she mumbled to him, causing Gloxinia to smile softly. "I know you still love me." he mumbled into her neck, his breath giving rise to goosebumps on her skin. "Gloxinia." The two heard behind them, and the two looked back to see Drole and Gaia. The ladder had on the ring that Drole had given her when he had married her, while Rosetta had a bracelet that matched Gloxinia's, a beautiful moon rose whose petals were unfurled, revealing a small charm of a rainbow colored butterfly and a golden bee at the center. Gaia had also been given a set of gold forearm bracelets and regular bracelets that matched Drole's by Dubs, who had helped Drole initially with both asking the lady on a date, and with the wedding plans. The four started talking, and the subject somehow ended up going to Meliodas and Elizabeth. "Well, I personally think that those two are going to have kids and get married. I mean, have you seen the way he looks at the girl? There's no way that those two aren't getting hitched, and I don't care about what Ludociel says about those two being different. It really doesn't matter, and even Arcadia, Ludociel's own sister, is on board and all for being the flower girl at the wedding, too." Rosetta said. Gloxinia smirked as he looked over when she mentioned children. "Well, speaking of children, when are we going to have any of those?" he asked, burying his face in her neck as he kissed the soft skin. She swatted him away as she spoke. "You're impossible!" she yelled, red covering her face as Drole watched Gaia as she snickered. "Well, he is right after all. I certainly wouldn't mind having quite a few children myself." she said, causing Drole's face to flush and turn red. "Drole, is something wrong?" she asked, knowing full well why he was blushing. He covered his cheeks with his four hands, looking to the side as she looked up at him. "No, shut up." he shot back, his eyes still wide in surprise. "Are you sure nothing's wrong, Drole?" Gloxinia teased, causing the brunette to glare over at the fairy. "I don't know, Rosetta, do you feel comfortable having this conversation?" he asked, causing the female to shake her head furiously as she continued to hide her face in her hair. "Careful, the flowers will fall out if you keep shaking your head like that." Gloxinia cautioned. Gaia and Gloxinia laughed, high fiving, before they changed the subject. "Anyways, me and Glox here were walking in the forest yesterday, and it turns out that there's a very large spring that is also very deep as well. It's practically clear, and there's a waterfall that feeds into it. The two of us both agreed that it's a wonderful spot to relax, and there are a lot of beautiful flowers there, too." she said, looking at Rosetta. The fairy smiled, leaning against her husband, before she sensed an almost suffocating malevolent air starting to weigh down on them.