Chapter 3: it's standing right behind you..

"Do you think maybe we could have bought a house that has a toilet that actually works?" Andrea said"Tell your father

"Tell your father." My mom said
"And there was a really funky smell in my bedroom last night."
"Reeked like something died." I came out of me and Andreas room.
"Is it still there?" My mom asked
"No."
"Problem solved!" My mom smiled.
I rolled my eyes and went back into our room.
I changed and put my hair half down half up then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.
I went back into me and Andreas room to make my bed. I put on some body mist and picked up my bag, putting in a few hand sanitizers.

As night came, I laid asleep. Until I was woken by Cindy trying to get into our dresser.
Me and Andrea looked at each other then went to go tell our dad.
"Andrea, Maxine, what are you doing outta bed?" He asked
"It's Cindy. She's in our room." Andrea said
"She's sleep walking again." I said
Our dad sighed and ran past us up the stairs.
He went to our room and slowly opened the door, revealing Cindy banging her head against the dresser.
"I've never seen her do this before." Andrea shook her head
My dad put a hand up to stop her talking then walked over to Cindy, put a hand between her head and the dresser.
"I remember you told us not to wake her if she's like this." I spoke up
"No, we just put her back to bed." He said
"Hey, hey. Sweetie. Shh let's go back to bed" my dad whispered to Cindy.
She slowly turned away from the dresser and held her back to lead her.
"She's okay. Good night." My dad said
"Night." Andrea said
"Good night." I said getting into me and Andreas bed, because mine broke in the move.
Andrea uncrossed her arms and shut the door.
She leaned against the door and chewed on her nails

Me and my sisters (except April) walked down the drive way to the bus that had just stopped infront of us.
My mom waved at us, Running
"Bye! Love you!" She yelled
We all turned back to wave.
"Cindy, you have your lunch?" She asked
"Yeah!" Cindy yelled and held it in the air.

I walked into the middle school doors and went into the 7th grade hallway.
"So you're new here, right?" The teacher asked
I nodded and smiled. I was unsure until I saw Christine walk into the room. I smiled at her then looked back at the teacher.
"Do you go by max or just simply Maxine?" My teacher asked
"Maxine." I said
"Ok. Got it. You can sit by Christine and Rachel."
I nodded and went to sit by the place she pointed. Christine sat down by me and whispered
"This school isn't half bad, you know? Besides the raging boy B.O"
I smiled and nodded
"Do boys even shower?" I asked
Christine smiled at me and shrugged as the bell went off.

The final bell went off. Finally, I was so relieved. Me and Christine walked out of our last period and we saw our sisters.
We walked over to them, not saying a word as our bus pulled up. We walked over to the bus and took our seats. I sat with Cindy and Christine.

_

I was changing into my night gown as I saw a truck pull up. It was my dads truck. I walked past the window and climbed into me and Andreas bed.

I got up to go to the bathroom, but I saw Nancy standing up by the door. I was walking up to her but suddenly the door slammed and Nancy and Christine were screaming. I went up to the door and slapped my hand on it, moving the door nob- but it wouldn't budge.

"Nancy, Christine!" I yelled

"Christine?!" I heard my mom yell. I kept banging on the door as if someone would let me in but the screams were so loud I couldn't hear my own banging. "God it wont open!" I yelled pushing my body weight on it as my mom twisted the door nob, then my dad pushed on the door and it broke open. My eyes widened as I saw Christine in a ball, crying and screaming. "No, No, No!" Christine cried. "What's going on? what happened?" my dad asked "There was someone else in here!" Christine yelled. I walked over to Nancy and stood next to her. "what?" my mom asked herself "where?" my dad said. "by the door. It was behind the door!" Christine yelled.

"Honey, there's nothing in here." my dad said looking behind the door. "There's nobody in here." my dad said. "There was someone else in here!" Christine tried to convince everyone. "I was just sleeping, and then I felt somebody grab my feet. So I thought it was Nancy." Christine said. I looked behind me to see Cindy, Andrea and April all huddled on the door-frame.

"well, honey, I'm pretty sure it was just a bad dream." my dad comforted Christine. "NO! NO! it talked to me!" she yelled. I gripped onto Nancy's hand as Christine cried. "It said that it wants my family dead." my eyebrows went up in shock.