Chapter 8:

Not checked for spelling errors.

Maxine's POV:
"Come on! Lorraine!" Ed yelled slamming his hands on the wall
"Ed!" you could hear a faint voice yell
"Ed, I know what she did." Lorraine said
"I got ya." Ed whispered
"I know what she did." Lorraine said
"She possessed the mother to kill the child." Lorraine stated and pointed at Carolyn
"She visits Carolyn every night. That's what the bruise marks are! She's feeding off of her!" Lorraine yelled
I gasped a little. Me and my sisters were standing up. I looked over to Nancy as crosses shook and fell to the ground.
"Uh..Nancy?" I said quietly as her hair was collecting in the air. She then got pulled up by her hair and swung across the room, slamming into a glass window on the inside of the house. We all screamed and held each other close. My dad ran over to Nancy, trying to stop her being thrown around by the spirt. She crawled towards our dad but got yanked back again.
"Oh my god!" I yelled
"Are you okay?!" Christine yelled
"Obviously not, shithead!" I yelled
Christine rolled her eyes
"Nancy!" Andrea yelled
Brad caught her but then got out of his grip and he fell onto the wall
"Daddy! Help!" Nancy cried. Ed tried to catch her but also failed and fell. Then my dad held onto her and so did Ed. Lorraine grabbed scissors and cut her hair out of the spirts grip.
She yelled in pain as she held her head.
"It's okay. I got you." My dad said hugging her.
"You get it?" Ed asked Drew
"Yeah." Drew said holding up the camera.
Lorraine leaned against the pillar and sighed.

"I'll have the footage developed and get it over to father Gordon." Ed said as we walked out of the house. It was morning now and we were all traumatized.
"He's our liaison at the church. I imagine we'll get a pretty fast response." He continued as we got into the car.
"Listen, roger?" Ed asked
"Yeah." My dad responded
"Listen when we get the exorcist, I'll be back. But Lorraine—"
"Yeah, I understand." My dad said
"Until then Drew's gonna keep an eye on you." Ed said
"Thanks for everything, Ed." My dad said
"Yeah." Ed said and walked off.
I sat between April and Christine. "Wanna play a game?" April asked.
"No, april." I responded. It was kind of a harsh tone for a 6 year old.
"Jeez ok sorry." She frowned.

We finally arrived to our motel, Drew following behind us in his big blue van. April got out, then me, then Christine. Christine looked back to see our mom, absent minded in the front seat.

Me, Christine, and Nancy shared a bed and mom, Cindy and April shared a bed. Dad will be sleeping on the floor.

3rd person pov.
"Dad! Dad!" Nancy yelled
"Daddy!" Cindy yelled
"Dad! Dad!" Andrea yelled
"Mom just left with Christine, April, and maxine."
"She j- she just went in the car and drove away. I don't know what happened." Andrea said
"Daddy, she smells like rotting meat." Nancy said
"She didn't say what was going on she just left." Andrea said
"Huh? What do you mean, she left?" Roger asked asked.

Maxine's pov:
Me, Christine and April held each other close. We all shared looks then Christine spoke up. "Where are we going, mom?"
She didn't say anything. She just sat there, staring at the road.

3rd person POV
You could hear police sirens and a bunch of rushing in the front yard.
"Carolyn!" Lorraine yelled as she pounded on the door
"Roger!" Ed yelled
"Get out of the way!" Brad yelled, loading his gun. He shot at the door and immediately
, it opened
Maxine's pov:
"Aah!" I cried trying to get Christine out of moms grip
"Get her hand! Grab the scissors!" I yelled towards Ed and Lorraine
She was screaming like a maniac.
I struggled to breath as I tried to get Christine away from mom.
She finally fell and I pulled her into a hug, falling with her.
"We gotta get her to the car!" Drew yelled
"And bring her where?" Brad said
"To take her to the police for the exorcism." Drew said back
"Wait, where's April?" I yelled over everyone

"April?" My dad yelled as we walked up the basement stairs
Drew held onto me and Christine as we followed Ed, my dad and my mom.
"April?" Everyone yelled
Drew pushed us passed our mom, putting his back towards them and us onto the wall.

Me and Christine were sobbing as Drew pushed us into the van.
"Come on." Drew whispered opening up the van
"Get in. Stay in here." He held onto my face and wiped my tears with his thumb.
"We don't wanna stay in here by ourselves." I screeched
"Stay in here no matter what. I'll be back, I promise." Drew reassured us
"No!" I cried
"Please!" Christine sobbed
"I have to find april, okay?" He said
I nodded and let out more tears as he slammed the door.
Me and Christine huddled in a corner and tried to stop thinking about the fact our mom is literally possessed.
I tried to breath but I couldn't it was so stuffy in the van and we were having panic attack.
I whimpered a little at the fact Drew might not even come back.
We turned our heads towards each other. I put my hands on her cheeks like Drew did to me.
"It's gonna be okay, Christine. Drew will come back." I said
She still sobbed but nodded. I started to cry again at the sight of Christine crying.

Me and Christine calmed down a little but then our adrenaline went back up when the van started to shake. We both gasped and looked at each other. We then heard wings flapping. We turned back and a bird flew right into the window.
"AAH!" We both screamed as glass fell onto our heads.
Me and Christine watched in fear as many birds started to swarm around the house.
"It's gonna be okay." I said grabbing Christine into my arms.
"No it's not. We're gonna die!" She screamed
"We're not! I swear I won't let anything hurt you! I won't!" I cried hugging her closer

It was now morning. Me and Christine had fallen asleep until we heard a knock.
Me and Christine jumped and looked at the door to see Drew. We got out of the car slowly, glad to see him. He grabbed us and held us close as our dad brought out our mom. She stood there for a second. Her face has dirt on it, she had tears in the corner of her eyes and blood all around the side of her mouth.
"I'm so sorry!" She whispered as she hugged April
"I love you so much. I love you so much." She kissed April's face.
"I'm so happy." She started to cry.
I hugged Christine closer as Drew put his hands on our backs.
We turned around towards our mom as our sisters came out of the cop car
We all hugged our mom as we cried with happiness, thankful we didn't die.
Brad, Lorraine and Ed came out soon after. Ed walked up to brad as brad held a piece of paper towel to his bite mark.
"Ooh. A draft do that to your face?" Drew smirked
"I'd take a guy with a gun any day." Brad replied.
Drew smiled and turned to sit down next to him.
We all sat on the ground then April got up. I looked over for a second then back at Nancy.
I smiled to her and she smiled back for a split second then cried again.

A/n: okay! That's the end of this book! I'll do the second conjuring if you want me too. I think this was a pretty good ending to the book. :)