"Of Rust buckets and cookbooks."

Summary: Stinky cannibal likes to ramble, sad bitch is a bit impatient. Fluff.

•.✧෴۝෴✧.•

They were staying in a cozy little shack by an old river. It was calm, the midday sun beat down relentlessly, the humid Louisiana air kept at bay by an overworked AC unit trying it's hardest to keep the cabin cool. Zach Varmitech was annoyed however, tapping his foot impatiently as he sat between the legs of the shorter and much more rotund chef. He groaned as Gaston Gourmand continued on his lengthy ramblings. Oh WHY must he keep him here with boring stories about his childhood!? That meeting he had to attend later on today was very important, and he very well can't miss it because of some story about the time Gaston took on a grizzly bear with nothing but his hands. Which Zach was fairly certain never actually happened.

'If those Zach-bots dont hurry up with that stupid rust bucket, I'm going to be late to the meeting!' Zach thought worriedly, squirming slightly. Well, things could be worse probably. The cabin was comfortable enough, even for Zach's impossible standards. Nice and cozy, and Zach couldn't help but feel at home here. Even now nestled between Gaston's legs looking over an old cookbook his mother had, he really didn't want to move. But he was hungry, and he did have to get back to the city in a few hours.

"-Oh and this one, this one's a good one!" Gaston laughed as he recalled some unknown memory with fondness. "I watched my mama pen this down when I was a little child! We were experimenting with different types of cake batter and-"

"God dammit Gaston, please," Zach squirmed as he tried to get up from between Gaston's legs, "I'm HUNGRY! You said we were going to go find something rare to eat!!"

"When did I say that?" Gourmand challenged, playfulness in his voice as he held Zach closer, the inventor letting out an exasperated sigh as he squirmed more in the chef's iron grip. Gourmand nuzzled his face into the taller man's back as he continued, his voice muffled slightly. "I said we were going to cook something special, Zachy! I know you have a sweet tooth, so I was thinking a nice dessert! Besides I'm not in the mood to tangle with a couple of annoying Kratt Croutons today."

Zach rolled his eyes, letting out a huff as he ultimately gave up on getting out of Gaston's lap, his body relaxing against his companion's. It's been such a lazy day. The two had been waiting in the Louisiana bayou for a while now, MUCH to the inventors disappointment. They were SUPPOSED to be arriving in the city by now, But of course something had to have gone wrong! They had to stop so Zach's robots could repair Gourmand's strange Frankenstein vehicle. Zach had worked on the literal-all-terrain vehicle several times, tuning it up every so often. He knew how it worked, so why Gaston had never bothered to visit Zach so he could run diagnostics on the damn thing every now and again was beyond him.

"I want to get going now!" Zach hissed, catching the chef off guard. "It's going to take us about 2 hours to get to the city, and the meeting with the business board is going to happen in about as much time! We can't keep wasting precious daylight!"

Gourmand gave Zach a skeptical look. "Oh now come on butter bean, we're not wasting time! I'm looking in this book for something we could eat! I rarely get to make something from my mama's cookbook, you know." Zach rolled his eyes as Gaston cuddled closer to him, pressing his wider frame against the thin man's back. Zach's eyes fluttered closed, him letting out an involuntary moan. As much as he'd hate to admit it, he loved the contact. Gourmand was like a big teddy bear he loved to cuddle with.

Honestly, how did this start again? The two were a strange pair to be sure, always in some type of 'on again-off again' sexual relationship. Zach never even imagined he would want to be Gaston's lover of all things, but lo and behold here he was. The two men have managed to keep the relationship secret for a few months now. Neither were ready for the constant "I told you so's" of Donita Donata, who had frequently joked about the two men getting together in the past. And of course there was a situation with Zach's father, but that's an issue for another day. Of course their secret wasn't kept for long. And how they were found out was... well rather comical really. The inventor let out a small chuckle as he remembered. When Zach was helping Gourmand kidnap a couple of lions for a stew, they decided to take a break for quick make out session. One of those damned Kratt brothers practically crashed through the wall, interrupting the two before they could go any further. Chris's face was hilarious in all honesty, and watching him awkwardly stumble out of the room waiting for the two to put their clothes back on was too funny.

"Zachy, are you even listening to me?" Gaston's voice interrupted Zach's train of thought. The thinner man looked up at those olive green eyes and sighed. He shifted himself to where he was facing Gaston, his face only an inch away.

"How do you feel about going out with me?" Zach finally said after a second. Gaston gave him a strange look, adjusting himself as Zach settled into this new position.

"Aren't we already going out?" He asked, laughing a little at Zach's serious face. "We see each other about every week."

"No no, I mean officially." He said. "Like the whole 'boyfriend' thing or whatever." He says as he waves his hand absently. "Would you be interested in that? Maybe in the future?"

Gaston thinks for a second, humming lowly as he gently sets the cookbook down.

"Wouldn't it hurt your reputation to be with someone like me publicly?" He drawls, sending a shiver down Zach's spine. "I mean I'm not exactly the cutest thing you could've picked up."

Zach looked at him with an irritated glare, scoffing as he wrapped his arms around the shoulder man's neck. "What does it matter anyway? I think you're hot, you think I'm hot! It's not that complicated."

Gaston pouted as he held Zach closer, leaning back against the wall to get more comfortable. "And here I thought you liked me for my radiant personality." He drawls roughly, a laugh rocking his body. Zach made a small noise of indifference, pouting as he laid against the man's chest

"Eh, I guess your personality is fine too. I mean you're not an bitch, which is all I care about."

Gaston sighed as he pressed a kiss against Zach's forehead. "You're a bitch." He jokes.

"Am I your bitch?" The inventor asks almost innocently, and Gaston can't stop himself as he laughs loudly, pulling the thin man closer and hugging him sweetly.

•.✧෴۝෴✧.•