"It's sickening how sweet you are."

Summary: stinky cannibal and sad bitch cook together. Some wholesome bickering and cooking.

•.✧෴۝෴✧.•

"Do I have to do this?" Zach's voice rises in pitch as he takes the chilled bowl from Gaston. "This is stupid. Honestly, you can't be THAT hurt!" The bigger man scoffs, his brow crinkling in irritation as Zach continues to complain.

"Zachy, please." He interrupts tiredly, rolling his eyes as he does so. "My wrist is still smashed. Besides it's not even that much work!" Zach stuttered angrily as he was cut off mid rant. He turned to his boyfriend, stepping back as he realized Gaston was holding out a handheld whisk for him to take. Zach cussed as he eyed the whisk in the burly man's hand as though it had insulted him. He wasn't going to take it. No, he was not going to take that! He turned his head away dramatically with a loud huff.

"Gaston, I'm not cooking!" His nasally voice whines. "I don't even know HOW to cook!" He fiddles with the string on his apron as he looks on in irritation.

"Baby, there's not even any cooking involved." Gaston says calmly, his good arm wrapping around Zach's waist. "That reminds me, I do need to start teaching you how to cook sometime. You're not always going to have one of those fancy shmancy robots around to cook for you, you know. Besides being able to cook is a life skill everybody should know." The chef holds out the whisk for Zach to take again. Zach was about to object once more before the strange object was shoved into his hand, as if stating 'you will take this and you will like it'. At that point he just decided to give in and take the damn thing. Manual labor. He couldn't believe it. Zachary Ethelind Vermitichen did NOT do manual labor. At least none that didn't involve robotics and inventing. He took a moment to observe the ridiculously huge whisk in his hand. It looked humongous being held in his delicately pale grasp. Big cookware for a big man, he supposed.

"Gaston, I don't know about this. I mean, are you sure this is a good idea?" He glanced at the man, gently setting the cookware down on the counter. "My Zach-bots are the ones that usually cook for me you know. Well them and my Mother whenever she comes to visit. What if I make it wrong and it tastes awful?"

"Look Sweet pea, it'll be easy!" Gaston states, wrapping the thinner man in another one-armed hug. "I'll show you what to do, so you don't have to worry about that. We have all of the ingredients we need right here too, so there shouldn't have to be anything complicated to do on your part. Everything is pre-measured and ready to go -OW!"

The chef screams as he accidentally hit his bandage wrist on the counter, hissing in pain as he backs away. Zach flinches as he hears the scream, almost knocking over the mixing bowl as he jumps in fear.

"Yikes, what happened!?" Zach yells, glancing at the chef's wrist gently clutched in his own grasp.

"Shit, I banged my wrist on the damn counter!" Gaston cussed, resisting the urge to undo the bandages and check if he messed up his injury more. After a second he gave his partner a shy smile. "Hell, I uh, think I'm fine baby. I suppose I really need to be more careful in here." Zach gives a sigh of relief as his body relaxes. Truthfully, a sprained wrist wasn't that severe. It might hurt yes, but most people can go about their daily lives just fine. Gaston however was a man who used his hands a lot. He was a very physical person with a job he was very passionate about. All it took was falling on his arm the wrong way to mess up his wrist, and now he's completely out of commission! And he was not happy about it at all. When he's in the kitchen he's in his element, and now he can't even do what he was born to do!

He was devastated when he got hurt. Even Zack, with his poor social cues, couldn't miss how upset his boyfriend was. So, like an idiot, he offered to help him until his wrist got better. And Zack was really regretting offering his time like that. He picked up the chilled bowl, held it in his hands unsteadily. He was unsure of what to do. Should they even be cooking? It didn't matter if Gaston wasn't going to do any of the work, he was being uncharacteristically clumsy. And on a related note, what the fuck was a whisk? What was Zach supposed to do with that? Was he supposed to stir with it? Zach put the chilled bowl down again, shivering slightly as he warm his fingers.