Chapter 5

With the album out the way, it was easy work to make the music video and promote it before its release where it exploded. Thanks to the exploding popularity, April got more opportunities, and Mathew got recognition before he even chose where to study to become a violinist.

"I'm busted," whined April collapsing on the sofa after a long day of schedule after schedule.

"You did well today, go take a bath and freshen up, I'll get dinner ready," he said roaming to the kitchen without realising her frown at his distant attitude and reply.

Ever since she told him how she felt, it was almost like he still didn't dare believe and kept his distance out of fear that if he touched this fantasy it would vanish.

"Mn, I'll go check on Brandon," she said lifting herself from the sofa and drifting over to him.

If he wasn't going to come to her, she would go to him.

"Alright, don't-" he began being cut off by a kiss that made him freeze.

"Hey," she said softly her gaze warm as she held his face. "Did you forget we could do that now?" she asked giggling when he flinched as a knee jerk reaction.

"Mn," he replied dazed making her smile tenderly.

"I love you," she confessed gently stroking his cheek. "You know that right?" she asked slightly nervous.

"I do, I love you too," he confessed stealing her lips before letting her leave.

Once they were done eating neither of them really wanted to go to their separate rooms and simply curled up on the sofa together.

"Mathew told me the other day, that Molly will come up soon, and that he wants to propose to her," she said as she leaned on his chest his caress in her hair soothing.

"I'm glad for him but isn't proposing right after she gets here a bit hasty?" he replied slightly concerned.

"Not necessarily if that's what they want," she argued looking up at him. "I mean we could get married tomorrow if we wanted." she simply said getting him to look down at her his interest peaked.

"So, if I propose to you now, you'll say yes?" he asked his voice dropping to a whisper that made her shiver.

"Why would I say no?" she whispered back making him smile and kiss her forehead.

"I mean it though; we could get married." she pushed making him look back at her.

"You want to?" he asked surprised.

"I've always wanted to get married and have Mathew walk me down the aisle. Besides, Brandon would be happy to have you as a father."

"If that's what you want so be it." he simply said like it was nothing to him to suddenly swear his life to her.

"What do want?" she asked.

"Yours and Brandon's happiness," he replied kissing her.

"Then that's that," she said content as she curled closer to him.

When Mike and April made their announcement Mathew and Eric were shocked but overjoyed.

"Congratulations!" said Eric having recovered from the shock first. "When do intend to have it?"

"Well, we haven't talked about details yet because we want to make sure Brandon is okay with it, but soon. We don't want anything grand," replied April nervously glancing at her brother who had yet to say anything.

"I see, I don't think you need to worry about Brandon, he loves Mike. I bet he'll be delighted to have him as a father," reassured Eric.

"Mn, thanks Eric." beamed April.