011. ❛ excitement to pain ❜

M I R A B E L

It's stupid. I know.

Why would I like someone who clearly drifted two best friends apart. Why would I like someone who has no feelings for me at all, and likes a so much better girl.

"Hey Mirabel? Whatcha doin?" I felt Dolores come beside me. I shrug as I turn around and slide down the wall, my knees to my chest. Dolores looks out the window, I was looking through and makes a 'o' face. She sits beside me and sighs.

"So do you wanna tell me what's up? Or..."

"Fine... So you know those new people that came two weeks ago? The Sheridans?" Dolores nods, and I continue.

"I sort of gained a little crush on one of them..." Dolores picks her nails and furrowed her eyebrows a bit.

"Jude? I mean he's attractive but he's a married man-"

"No not Jude, he's too old- I'm talking about Archer" She chuckles a little and rests her head against the wall, with just a little smile.

"You sure you like him?" Dolores asks me, as I shrug.

"Yeah... I mean, I think he's funny and I get nervous when I'm around him, so yeah"

"So what's got you so upset?" I look at her and then look straight forward. We were in the kitchen and above our heads was the window.

"You can obviously tell that he's interested in Rosa, I mean look at her- she's gorgeous! I couldn't possibly go up against her for his attention"

"Well, don't change yourself for someone else's likings... Did you ever notice when Camilo and Rosa were together, he never changed almost once- Ever since they met, shes liked just for the way he is, he didn't need to change anything" My head fell, and I looked at my hands as I fidgeted.

"Thats different though... They both liked each other from the start and what I'm going through with how Archer likes someone else, is very different than what they had to go through" Dolores did nod and agreed sadly, as she scratched her ear she got up.

"How about you try to go talk to them? I mean, your close to Rosa too."

"It's been awhile- Her and Camilo aren't even talking anymore" Dolores nodded sadly, but still pulled me up and then cupped my cheek.

"As your older cousin, I'm gonna tell some very wise words you should live off of. Just because there's conflict going on between two people and yet your close with both of them- it's not your conflict to deal with, so you don't have to worry about the relationships. If Camilo gets mad at you for hanging out with Rosa, than that's his problem... But I do understand if you think you shouldn't because yes, he's family and he's important to us. But know that, it isn't your problems to deal with too and deal with the consequences because Rosa was still your friend, too. And you and her aren't even arguing."