Chapter 7

September 5th, 2020

It had been a few days since Shania and Adriana celebrated their 2 month anniversary. Adriana had taken Shania out for a picnic date. "Adriana is too sweet to you Shania, y'all are too cute."

"Thanks ma.." But Shania thought different.

She looked at Adriana much more different than she saw her two months ago. After what Adriana did, she changed in ways that she didn't like. She'd be rude to her sometimes, even make her feel bad about things she couldn't control, for example, her weight.

Shania knew how skinny she was, but Adriana didn't like it. "You're too skinny, you need some meat on your bones Nia."

"I think I'm okay.."

"Yeah okay but you're a brand ambassador now. Your clothes don't look right on you. Gain some weight or they're gonna drop you."

"But they never said-"

"So what? You're fucking malnutrition is gonna have them lose money! Get it together Shania and stop being so fuckin naive! You look fucking sick for crying out fucking loud!" Shania was caught back by what Adriana said. She wanted to cry but Adriana would yell at her for that too so she just sat back in sadden shock.

Shania tried eating more but she couldn't gain the way she wanted.

"Mom, I think I need a nutritionist."

"A what? What do you need a nutritionist for?"

"To gain weight.." Janet turned around and looked at Shania. "You're weight is fine. You're very healthy and you don't need a nutritionist, at all."

"But I'm a brand ambassador! I need to look a certain way or they'll drop me. I'm too skinny! I look malnourished and they're gonna drop me for it!" Shania started sobbing which caused Janet to run to her side. "Who told you that? Huh?" Shania sniffled. She didn't want to tell on Adriana out of fear and the fact that she didn't want Adriana mad at her.

"One of my friends. She said that I needed to gain weight cause i look so or malnourished.." Janet sighed and got tissue for Shania. "Honey, you look fine."

"But mom-"

"No Shania listen. I know exactly what you're going through." Janet sat next to Shania. "I have been criticized about my weight, it hurts a lot. I don't want you to ever think you're too fat or too skinny or you're trying to fix your weight for someone else. If you want to fix it, do it for yourself, not others. You look beautiful. I don't care how big or small you are, how tall you are, you're still my little munchkin."

"Oh mom, I'm getting older, you really gotta give that nickname up." Janet smiled and kissed her cheek. "I am sorry..but I will be saying you're my munchkin even on my death bed." Shania giggled. "There's my baby's beautiful smile. I love you, always know that Shania."

"I love you too mom." Shania went upstairs and sat on her bed in silence. Even though Shania and her mother had a talk, she still felt down. Shania climbed out her window and sat on her roof and looked up at the Texas stars that shined bright in the night sky.

"Rolling up another blunt I see?" She heard in the corner of her ear. She looked back to see her uncle. "Coming to bother my conscience i see." Michael laughed. Shania inhaled smoke and exhaled out her nose and mouth. "Not planning on telling Dunk about the situation you're in?"

"No, at this point, I really don't think I can."

"That's what you think."

"What do you mean by-" She looked back to see him gone, once again. Shania sighed and finished her blunt. She was high enough to fall out of reality. She climbed into her room and closed her window, locking it. She slipped under her covers and falling asleep.

September 8th, 2020

"Shania? Are you even paying attention to me?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah what was said?" Adriana rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Nothing, absolutely fuckin nothing." Shania sighed and continued to watch her anime.

Shania wasn't doing good, at all. She had slowly fallen back into her addiction. She was slowly going back into smoking weed but she wasn't smoking it irresponsibly to her surprise, but she was stuck on pills once again. She was shocked she hadn't overdosed by now but she swore not to speak to soon.

Adriana glared at her. "You're never gonna recover doing this stupid shit."

"I tried to but you won't let me." Adriana chuckled. "Look at you, making shit up, I'm trying to help you dumb bitch." Adriana laughed at Shania. "You're so pathetic, I don't even know why I stick around." Tears ran down
Shania's face. "Oh now you wanna fuckin cry? I'm doing all this shit for you, stealing pills and giving you weed and you wanna fuckin cry? Such a pathetic bitch." Adriana slapped her and Shania held her face. Shania felt uneasy and she ran to the toilet to throw up. "A mess. I'm going home. Call me when you're not as drugged as you are now." Adriana left Shania on the bathroom floor, crying and vomiting.

She picked herself up off the floor and fell into her room. She fell into the pillows on floor and looked over at the wall.

"Leave me alone." She sniffled and cuddled her bear. "Shania? Why do you think you're able to see me?" Michael looked down at her. "I don't know. You're haunting me for my wrong doings?"

"No Shania. You're closer to death than you think." Shania looked up at him. "Maybe I'll get a break then."

"I can't let you die Shania. You're not ready." Shania looked away and looked at the wall. "I love you uncle Mike." Michael just sighed rubbed her back. "I love you too munchkin." Shania cuddled up under her bear and fell asleep. Michael picked up her blanket and put it over her kissing her head.

Michael walked into Janet's room and sat on bed watching her sleep. "Dunk? Wake up Dunk.." Janet was still asleep and Michael sighed. "Okay. I thought you'd let me give it to her easy but I see how it is." Michael touched Janet shoulder. "I'm sorry." Janet started to squirm in her sleep before Michael disappeared.

Janet gasped and jumped out of her sleep. Her heart was racing and the first thought was Shania. She ran to her room and saw her sleeping. She sighed and shook her head. She kissed her cheek. "You have no idea how much you're loved."

Annnndd the depressing ass chapters begin!

Hey y'all, I'm back with another chapter and it's not a good one.

If y'all can remember from the first book, Shania struggled with addiction as well as self harm, depression, anxiety, and adhd. She as well attempted to take her life but was unsuccessful and ended up attending therapy with her mother.

I touched on the topic just a tiny bit but now I want to go more depths into how bad it was and how badly it affected her.

As you can see, Shania has unfortunately relapsed and now is able to see Michael who is watching out for her.

How do we feel about Shania insecurity about her body? Do you think it'll get worse?

Also being able to see Michael, do y'all think he's right about her being close to death? Or is he trying to scare her?

Do you think Adriana plays a big part in Shania's addiction right now?

Do you think with Michael touching Janet means that Janet is aware of what's going on?

As always, vote, comment, and share and I'll see y'all whores later. Bye NIGGAS 💗