Chapter 9

September 20th, 2020

Marcus, Shania, and Deija all sat in the middle of Shania's bedroom floor. "So what I'm hearing is, you want me to beat Adriana's ass?" Shania sighed. "I wish I had it in me."

"Shania, you've got to let her go."

"I can't. I love her way too much." Deija looked at Marcus who's head was down. "So you're not gonna say anything about this?" Marcus slowly looked up at Deija. "We did not come here to talk about Adriana, we came here for Shania."

"But Adriana is causing most of her problems!"

"Yes that's true, but I know telling Shania to get rid of her is not going to do anything." Marcus looked at Shania. "We need to start right here and now. I don't want you on drugs anymore Shania, I really don't. So, we're going to deep clean this entire room and for two weeks straight, no drugs, no Adriana, no nothing. Just focus on you." Marcus grabbed Shania's hand and pulled her up. "Everything is in that box in my closet. The red Nike box." Marcus opened the box and mentally gagged at all the stuff she had in it. Deija slowly walked over to a shaken Shania and held her.

"You're alright love, you'll be okay." Shania broke down in Deija's arms as Marcus threw everything away. "We love you Shania, I promise we do."

October 7th, 2020

Shania was sitting in her room in complete silence as she finished her homework. It's been a full two weeks since she's been clean and between withdrawals, Adriana's foolishness, and school, all Shania wanted was a break. The only good that she had going for her was that her birthday was slowly approaching and she was graduating next year. Her only true focus was to work, graduate, and figure out what she wanted for her career. Ever since Deija and Marcus helped her clean up her room from drugs, her mind has been a bit clearer but there's still Adriana she's dealing with. Suddenly there was a knock on her door. "Come in." Shania looked up to see her mother come in the room and close the door. "Shania, we need to talk." Shania's heart dropped straight to her ass and every bad memory of anything she had no business doing since birth came to mind.

"For crying out loud, check for when you close the fridge okay? I done walked downstairs behind you and the fridge just be wide open."

"I'm sorry, ma. It won't happen again." Janet nodded. "Thank you." Janet kissed Shania's cheek before leaving the room. Before Shania could finish doing her homework, Janet came back in the room. "Also, Adriana talked to me yesterday. She said you and her are having some problems. Care to explain?" Shania rolled her eyes. "Adriana is just dramatic. She's upset with me because I said I needed some space to work on myself educationally and she got offended. I love Adri, but she's over here a lot and it's kinda aggravating me."

"I understand that. Well when you speak to her, just clarify to her it's not really her fault and that you just like time alone to yourself okay?" Shania nodded. "Alright I'll leave you alone now." Janet left the room and Shania sighed. "God do I need a break."

October 12th, 2020

Shania was sitting on the rooftop of the house listening to music. Deija came through her bedroom window, sipping on a beer. "Where'd you get beer from?"

"Your basement. Figured out the code to the freezer while I was living with y'all."

"And why don't I get one?"

"Cause you need to be as sober as possible for that driver's permit test you got coming up." Shania nodded. "Yeah, i definitely do." Shania watched the sun slowly set.  "So, any plans for that birthday?" Shania sighed. "No, honestly. I mean with this whole quarantine bullshit, and this entire damn earth being on lockdown, I don't think my birthday will feel the same, ya know?" Deija nodded. "I mean, it's your 18th birthday, I think you should do something special for it." Shania laid her head on Deija's shoulder. "I haven't been feeling special though.." Deija looked at Nia. "It's cause of that bitch that's why! Look at you Nia, you're beautiful as hell, funny, caring. You don't deserve that shit, you deserve somebody that's gonna love you." Shania looked down before tears started to fall down her face. "I try to be a good girlfriend, but she makes it so hard sometimes." Deija hugged Shania. "You've gotta let her go. If you don't let her go, you're literally gonna continue the cycle you've been in."

Shania wiped her tears and laughed a little. "You starting to sound like me and my mom." Deija giggled. "Well, i learned from the best." Deija wiped a stray tear coming from Shania's face. "You're my best friend, and I care about you a lot. Please, take care of yourself and leave that girl alone. She is toxic and really fucking with your energy." Shania sighed as she watched the remaining bits of the sun go down.

October 16th, 2020

"Alright class, we will wrap this subject up on Monday, and you guys have a gr-" Shania slammed her laptop shut. "Fucking finally! I get to rest." Shania threw her books on her and flopped under her blanket before turning on her TV. She laid on her bed as she listened to the sweet sounds of Mariah Carey's 'Fourth of July' fill her ears. Suddenly her phone rang making her sigh. She picked it up and looked at the caller ID and sighed even louder before picking it up. "Hello?"

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" The sound of Adriana's voice made Shania's head mentally spin. "I've been busy. I have a lot of shit I've gotta do like tests and shit coming up."

"It's mid fuckin October, Shania. What fuc-"

"A driver's permit test Adriana! And you would fucking know that if you weren't so god damn annoying!" Shania hung up and shut off her phone completely. She planted her face in the pillow and started crying. She held onto her other pillow until she cried so much she fell asleep. She woke up two hours later to her TV being off and it being dark. She sat up and stared at the wall and sighed. She looked over in her drawer and picked up a small journal. In it was nothing but songs. She picked up a red pen and turned on a light that was on her dresser before writing in big bold letters: IN TOO DEEP. She sat back on her bed and took a deep breath before grabbing her glasses and continuing her writing.

Hellooo bitches! Okay so i know updated like two months ago but that's fine cause y'all got another new chapter!

First off, how do y'all feel about Shania's sobriety journey? Do you guys think it wall last or do you see her relapsing in the future?

Secondly, how do y'all feel about Adriana telling Janet about her problems with Shania? Do y'all feel as if it was needed or was it wrong for her to do that?

Thirdly, do you guys think Shania will ever eventually listen to Deija and leave Adriana?

And fourthly, how do y'all feel about this song Shania's writing? How do y'all think that'll plan out?

As always, vote, share, and comment and I promise I will update this book more often. Big reminder that this book will be the last and longest book of the trilogy. It will pan from 2020-2022. If y'all get lucky, I might give y'all a little spin off on one of the Jackson kids, ion know yet!

Aight, bye BITCHES 💗💗.