Chapter 8

September 20th, 2020

Shania sat in her studio finishing up the last bit of music. Adriana was in her room asleep after bringing Shania the pills she had asked for. Janet and Tupac were out of town on business so that left just Shania and Eissa at home. "Why are you up? It's 2:00 in the fuckin morning."

"Why do you fuckin care?" Shania was aggravated, she had been almost that entire day. She tried not to snap at everyone but Adriana was the last person she wanted to hear from. "Who the fuck are you talking to like that?"

"You cunt." Adriana got up and turned on Shania's light. "Shania it's 2:00 in the fuckin morning, don't fuckin start with me."

"Bitch you started with me." Adriana got up and walked over to Shania. "You wanna start with me?" Shania ignored her but Adriana pulled her by her hair. "Bitch!" Shania slapped Adriana making her fall down. "The fuck is your- alright bitch." Adriana and Shania started going at it. At some point, Shania pinned her on the floor. "Fuck is your problem? Have those drugs driven you crazy?"

"You're my fuckin problem!" Shania screamed letting Adriana go. "You have serious fuckin issues." Adriana got up and went to the bathroom, slamming the door. "Fucking bitch.." Shania sat on the floor and looked at the ceiling. "When is it gonna end?"

When Janet and Tupac came back home, Janet noticed how Shania was a bit more different. "Nia? Can I speak to you for a second?" Shania was in her room doing her hair and watching one of her mother's old interviews. "What's up ma?"

"You doing okay?"

"I'm doing just fine mom, what you talking about?" Janet sighed and closed the door. "Shania..you know how i feel about you lying to me."

"Yes I know, but I'm not lying I'm fine." Shania turned back over to look in her mirror. Janet noticed that there was something that looked like a burn spot on Shania's neck. "Be careful, you burned yourself doing this." Shania knew it wasn't a burn, it was a bruise, but she didn't want her mother knowing.

"I know ma, it was an accident." Janet just sighed. "You know you look tired, you need to be getting some rest."

"Ma I'm alright, I'll be fine." Janet sighed kissed Shania's cheek. "I love you Shania, okay?"

"I love you more ma."

"And I love you most." Janet left Shania's room and Shania sighed. She continued to curl her hair and finish up her makeup. Shania ran downstairs to look for her mom "Ma! I got a surprise for you!"

"I'm in the kitchen." Shania turned the corner and smiled. "I got a lil inspiration and voila! Red curls and somewhat late 90s makeup." Janet giggled. "You look beautiful Shania. You did a great job on this hair and makeup but it's missing a little something."

"What is it?"

"Come with me. Grab that picture box of yours." Shania grabbed her picture box and followed her mom into her room. Janet went through the box and found a picture of her.

"If I can remember correctly, I think I still have some of the stuff in this picture

"If I can remember correctly, I think I still have some of the stuff in this picture." Janet went through her closet before pulling out the black shirt, sunglasses, and newsboy cap from the picture. "I kept little stuff like this cause your grandma would always tell me I'd be end up having kids at some point and that I would have to give you something from me." Shania smiled. "Thanks ma, I really do appreciate it." Janet hugged Shania. "I'm glad I listened too cause," Janet placed the cap on Shania's head, "you look just like me without trying." Shania looked in the mirror. "You're never wrong mom."

Shania sat in front of her computer and finished the rest of her homework. She looked over at Adriana who was on her phone. "I have some news, good news."

"What's that?" Shania got up and sat next to Adriana. "We're going on a college tour for Texas Southern University and my teacher picked me to go."

"And you're going?"

"Yes. That's my dream college Adriana, you know that." Adriana scoffed. "You'll never get in, not with the way you're spiraling down. You better hope she doesn't find out you're doing drugs." Shania rolled her eyes.

"Can you not be negative for one fuckin second of your life Adriana? This is my dream college and I have a shot at this! I work my ass off day and night and you can't be proud that the hard work I do is finally paying off?"

"I'm not being negative, I'm telling you the truth!" Shania sighed in frustration. "You know what? Nevermind. I don't even know why I mentioned it to you." Shania got up and closed her laptop. "Shania? Shania, I'm sorry." Adriana walked over to Shania. "I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be negative I'm just.. you don't understand how hard it is to watch you slowly decline everyday. Those drugs are gonna drive you insane and I don't want that for you."

"Well you could've said it differently."

"And I'm sorry I didn't. I love you, Shania. I just want what's best for you." Adriana hugged Shania and kissed her cheek. "It's getting late, I gotta go." Adriana started to grab her things. "You make sure to take pictures when you go to that college okay?"

"I will." Adriana kissed Shania and left the room. Shania sat up for hours thinking about whether she should go or not when she heard a sudden knock. "I'm going to bed mom, just give me a minute."

"Not the door dumbass!" Shania turned around and seen Deija. "Deij!" Shania opened the window and Deija jumped into Shania's arms. "Oh my god what are you doing here?"

"I had to come see ya! Well we had to come see you." Shania looked and seen Marcus come through her window. "Long time no see shortstack!" Shania smiled. "How you guys been?"

"We've been good! How about you?"

"I've been alright, I've been fine." Deija and Marcus looked at Shania but their smiles faded. "Shania.. you relapsed didn't you?" Shania looked away from them. "Shania, if you need help, we're right here, just say the word." Shania looked up and tears came from her eyes. "Help." Shania broke down into tears and Marcus and Deija consoled her. Marcus and Deija could tell it was going to be a long night.

Okay..I know. I know I left y'all in the dark with this book, I KNOW. But like hear me out..y'all got a new chapter so like maybe y'all might wanna fight me a little less.

But let's look on the bright side, we got Marcus and Deija back after a long time of not seeing them! Any future predictions with them?

Bad news is that Shania and Adriana are slowly declining. Any future predictions on what may happen?

How do we feel about Shania going to college?

We got a Janet and Shania moment, which was absolutely adorable 🥺.

As always, vote, comment, and share, and you'll get more chapters! See ya!