First scan

I was extremely nervous about today, it's our first offical scan "Are you ready Liam" I shout upstairs and I put my coat on. Just then I see liam exit our bedroom and then he locks the front door,

As we get to the hospital we walk to the ward and it was practically empty. "Mr and Mrs payne" our midwife called out. We walk in, I lay on the propped up bed and Liam sits in the chair next to me. "This may feel a little cold at first but you'll start and get used to it" The midwife smiled as she placed the gel on my stomach. True to her words it was cold, extremely cold it's like they keep it in the fridge. "Listen carefully you can hear the hear beat" The whole room went silen and true to her words for the second time that day we heard our babys heart beat. My eyes started to well up with tears "Its magical hearing it for the first time isn't it" She smiles and you wipe your eyes.

"Thank you doctor" Liam smiles and we walk out the room, out the hospital to the car. Liam sat admiring it for about 10 minutes before any of us spoke. You can just make out the little arms and it;s face. "Our baby" I smile to Liam. "Our baby" He smirked then kissed my forehead before turning the car on and driving home.

A/N: Sorry this is one of the shortest chapters