Chapter 8: A Session With Madam Vastra

With the Weeping Angels now defeated, everyone was relieved that they didn't have to deal with them anymore. With the Weeping Angels now trapped in quantum state, Jenny pours tea for everyone as Madam Vastra approaches Hannah.

Madam Vastra: Hannah, may we see you in the other room.

Hannah nods as she follows Madam Vastra & Jenny to another room while The Doctor & Clay hang back in the kitchen with Strax.

Clay Jensen: Where are they going?

Strax: Hunting.

The Doctor & Clay just look at Strax.

Clay Jensen: Hunting? In London?

Strax: What else would they be doing?

The Doctor: Classic Strax.

In the other room, Madam Vastra puts on a black veil and sits on a chair while Jenny pours tea for her wife. Hannah sits down on another chair in front of Madam Vastra as she's wondering why she's here.

Hannah Baker: Why are you wearing a veil?

Madam Vastra: I wear a veil to keep from view what many are pleased to call my disfigurement. I do not wear it as a courtesy to such people, but as a judgement on the quality of their hearts. Jenny and I are married, yet, for appearances' sake, we maintain a pretense in public that she is my maid.

Jenny: Doesn't exactly explain why I'm pouring tea for you in private.

Madame Vastra: Hush, now.

Jenny Flint: Good pretense, isn't it?

Hannah Baker: Wait, are you judging me?

Madam Vastra: Were you or were you not going to kill yourself just before The Doctor came into your life?

Hannah Baker: He told you?

Madam Vastra: He told me that you went through a lot.

After Jenny finished pouring tea for Madam Vastra, she set the tea pot down on a small table next to Madam Vastra as Jenny now stands next to her wife.

Jenny Flint: Why would you try to do that, ending your own life?

Hannah Baker: You have no idea what I've been through. The future, it's nothing like this period.

Madam Vastra: We are aware, we've been to the future.

Hannah Baker: Of course, friends of The Doctor.

Madam Vastra: Why don't you tell us then. If anyone can understand, is us women.

Hannah was thinking it about it. She just met them, does she really want to tell them everything that happened to her at Liberty? Maybe there was a reason why The Doctor told Madam Vastra about her. Hannah decided to tell both Madam Vastra & Jenny everything. While Hannah was telling her story to Madam Vastra & Jenny, The Doctor & Clay continue hanging out in the kitchen with Strax.

Clay Jensen: So how did you get here?

Strax: I was forced to serve as a nurse, healing the injured as a punishment for being defeated by The Doctor.

The Doctor: It happened during the Sontaran invasion of Earth.

Clay Jensen: When did that happened?

The Doctor: On your Earth, years ago. Happened in the U.K.

Strax: You see here, girl...