Chapter 19: Aftermath

With the Cybermen defeated, Hannah & Jessica went down to the police station to report Bryce. Sheri also turned herself in for knocking down the stop sign that resulted in the death of Jeff Atkins. Hannah backed both Jessica's & Sheri's stories. Sheri was charged for her actions. As for Bryce Walker, he was charged with multiple counts of sexual assault. Justin Foley was also arrested for accessory to sexual assault. In the coming weeks, Evergreen County begins to recover from the Cybermen invasion. Bryce Walker goes to trial for assaulting both Hannah & Jessica while Justin is being tried separately. Hannah, Jessica, Alex, Justin, & Monty have all testified against Bryce. All the testimonies are in, it was time for the verdict.

Judge: Madam Foreman, have you reached a verdict?

Foreman: We have, Your Honor.

Everyone was on their seat. Hannah & Jessica hold on to each other's hand.

Judge: What say you?

Foreman: We the jury, in the case of Bryce Walker vs the people of Evergreen County, find the defendant guilty of multiple counts of sexual assault.

Hannah & Jessica were relieved. Tears started coming down as they are relieved that Bryce is going to jail for a long time. The judge pounds his gavel.

Judge: Come to order. Thank you, Counselors, and thank you, jury, for your patience, deliberation, and service during this proceeding. This court is adjourned. Officer, you may take Mr. Walker away.

A police officer takes Bryce away as it will be the last time that Hannah & Jessica will get to see him. After Bryce was taken away, it was Justin's turn. Hannah, Jessica, Alex, Clay, Tony, Zach, Courtney, & Ryan stuck around for Justin's trial.

Judge: Madam Forewoman, have you reached a verdict?

Forewoman: We have, Your Honor.

Judge: What say you?

Forewoman: We the jury, in the case of Justin Foley vs the people of Evergreen County, find the defendant guilty of accessory to sexual assault.

Tears began to come down on Jessica's face. Jessica may hate Justin for letting Bryce raping her, but she still had feelings for Justin. The following day, everyone came back to court for the sentencing of both Bryce Walker & Justin Foley.

Judge: Prosecution has put forth a sentencing recommendation. Does the defense have anything to contribute?

Bryce's Lawyer: Your Honor, this is a terribly unfortunate event. And 3 young lives have been changed forever. Bryce has lost all his scholarship offers. The school district has cancelled what might well have been a championship season. There is regret on all sides. We urge the court to let these 3 young people start rebuilding and return to their lives.

Judge: This is a tragedy all around. As a judge, it's my role to look at both sides. Mr. Walker... I'm sentencing you to 15 years in prison. So ordered.

Bryce Walker: 15 YEARS?

Everyone rejoiced as justice for both Hannah & Jessica have been served. Bryce was taken away as he's on his way to prison. After Bryce left, it was Justin's turn. Clay was able to get his mother who's a lawyer to represent Justin. Justin's sentencing is being held behind closed doors. Clay, Hannah, Jessica, & the others had to wait in the hallways of the courthouse.

Laine Jensen: Your Honor, Bryce Walker was released on bail within hours of his arrest, and Justin has been stranded in juvenile detention for almost a month.