[ Ⅲ ] Moonlit blood glows

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick. The grandfather clock croaked, swaying from side to side, at leisure with the world, despite the gruesome crimes in England. Claire put her head on her palms, eyes glazing over the huge bell that danced every second of the day. She wondered, if certain non-living beings were given a chance to live a human life, given a soul and an opportunity to live like them, would they take it? Or would they conclude that humanity was only a waste of time; That the world was as cruel as it is? If given the chance, would it resort to murder if it had been driven crazy?

Or was that merely a human-esque act? To be driven to insanity because of the double standards in society today? Murder: The implementation of killing unlawfully caused by multiple triggers, maybe trauma, anger, revenge, hurt, sadness, regret? Or could someone just be that deranged to be able to consider slaughter a source of joy? Claire spared the crime reports an unamused glare.

Her study was decorated with bulletin boards galore, pictures upon pictures of the crime scene were pinned to the corkboard with related documents about the victims. Thus far, 3 women had been slaughtered deviously by the unknown ripper, who remained the hot topic of England for over a week already. Claire stood, clutching the papers in her hands. She clasped Mary Ann Nichols and Annie Chapman's files behind paperclips, leaving them to dangle from the string.

Mary Ann Nichols stood as the first victim, having died of a death Syncope due to a haemorrhage caused by the severance of the carotid arteries. She was found at Buck's row, Whitechapel at At 3:40 a.m by a man named Charles Cross. Annie Chapman soon became the second who fell to the casualties of the ripper, having been found at 5 a.m, dead, because of blood loss. Chapman's death was what caused the news to ripple across England, sending the townsfolk into a panic.