[ prologue ] cursed propositions

the wind blew wildly at the young lady's face and kissed her cheeks pink with delight. the grin on her face didn't fail to grow with each passing second that ticked on the clock. leaves crunched under the soles of her shoes, and branches snapped off of their trees respectfully marking the end of their times, barely missing the young lady by an inch.

she giggled, picking up her pace and twirling around the trees of the forest, ignoring the thick blanket of blue hues dawning upon the sky.  Upon the forest floor lie trees of yesteryear, fallen in storms long forgotten. The seasons have been harsh, stripping away the bark and outer layers, yet rendering them all the more beautiful. They have the appearance of driftwood, twisting in patterns that remind her of seaside waves; even the colour of the moss is kelp-like. They are soft, damp, yet her fingers come away dry. The young girl tilts her head upward, her hair tumbling out of her loose braided hairdo; the pines were several houses tall, reaching toward the golden rays of spring. Birdsong comes in lulls and bursts, the silence and the singing working together as well as any improvised melody. the birds sang their delighted tune, taking off in the air with their beloved family to return to their respective nests. A new smile paints itself upon her freckled face, rose-pink lips semi-illuminated by the dappled light. Before she knows it her feet have begun to walk, body and mind both on autopilot - the muffled screams of her parents and her aunts fell deaf to her ears.

however, one slip of fate shifted in the midst of a moment, and she found herself in the presence of a soul who'd escaped from the deepest, most brutal depths of hell. and as easily as a mere snap, her life turned upside down,

and the soul dragged her body into literal hellfire with him.