Cookies

Maria followed you to your room after finishing supper and she let you choose the music while you both worked on some of the puzzles that Laura had sent for you. She took out Daisy before bed, and you took a moment to make sure that Alpine was comfortable before getting changed into one of your old t-shirts and getting back into bed. Maria came in and held you from behind while Daisy laid in front of you. She had started to get accustomed to it while Bucky had been sleeping with you, and you didn't want to admit that to Maria yet.
You did have a nightmare, but you didn't wake up screaming. Maria remained unaware while you sat up in bed and you took a moment to look at your phone, while Daisy licked your face. Bucky had messaged you during the night that he missed you, so you took the time to message him back to say that you really missed him too. You didn't want to go back to sleep, but knew you didn't have a choice. You curled back up to Maria and stared at your phone wishing Bucky would text you back but you knew he was on a mission, and it was a risk enough for you to have sent him one, let alone for him to send you one.

When you woke up again, there was a note on your bed from Maria saying she already took Daisy out and had to head out on her mission. You did have a text from Bucky telling you to go into his room and get a fresh sweater. You flushed at the thought of going in there for the first time. He was supposed to have brought you there, but you both had gotten carried away. You got dressed in your red swimsuit and a pair of leggings and a baggy t-shirt before tip toeing out of your room. You knew you had plenty of time before breakfast so you went to Bucky's door and pushed it open since it was already open a crack for Alpine. You looked around curiously seeing it was so clean and neat. He didn't have much for personal items. You noticed there were a lot of books though, which didn't surprise you. He seemed to have a healthy love of reading. You saw a lot of books on science, space and then fantasy and some non-fiction, and made a mental note for later on those subjects. You went into his bathroom and saw it was neat and orderly. The cat box was still clean, and you wondered if Tony had people taking care of that too. You went to his closet last and saw there were a few hoodies to select from and grabbed a dark brown one with a smile and put it on before leaving the room.

By the time you got to the dining room, Happy was putting food on the table already and you saw he had a cup of coffee ready for you already.
"You're spoiling me" you cooed as you sat down.
"Everyone deserves a cup of coffee in the morning" Happy grinned.
"How did you sleep sunshine?" Bruce asked you softly.
"I had another nightmare, but thankfully I didn't wake anyone but Daisy up" you admitted.
"It's going to get there, it just takes time" he gave you a knowing look.
"I hope so" you sipped at your coffee and took a selfie of you drinking your coffee in Bucky's sweater with a huge smile on your face and sent it to Bucky. "Did you hear from Nat?" you changed the subject.
"They are still trying to strategize on how to get in the base without anyone noticing. Loki suggested letting him take point as a cat and just walking in, but it needs to be two in and two out this time. She seems to be getting a little grumpy" Bruce grinned a little to himself. "She doesn't like being apart anymore than I do" he admitted. "Daytime missions are a lot simpler for us, night time we like to spend time together" he opened up a bit more.
"I liked going on missions with Bucky, he made me feel safe" you smiled at the memory.
"I know he's one of the better ones to go in with. He's fast and he's efficient. He rarely gets distracted" Bruce nodded and you flushed knowing how distracted Bucky had gotten with you.
"Are you working on your stamina training again this morning?" Happy asked as you took your morning pill.
"Yes, but I'll try to set an alarm so I don't miss lunch" you smiled.
"I'll just come get you for now. There's not that many of us. I also had to pull Pepper and Bruce away from work yesterday. Its no trouble" he gave an easy smile while you dug into your food. Your phone went off and you looked away for a moment to see it was a selfie from Bucky giving a smile. He sent a text with it telling you that "You look beautiful doll". You blushed thinking you didn't even bother with makeup today. You quickly made his selfie your lock screen photo with a smile and turned back to your food.
"Someone is full of smiles this morning" Pepper observed.
"Bucky texted me" you bit your bottom lip.
"That's another one of his sweaters" she pointed out and you flushed.
"He told me to go get a fresh one. I'll have to find the time to go do laundry this week. I haven't done it in a while" you looked down and sipped your coffee.
"Let the cleaners take care of it for now, I'll text them to make sure everyone's is done today" she shrugged.
"That feels like cheating" you tried to argue.
"You're still on bedrest young lady" she pointed out and you nodded going back to your coffee.
"Thank you, then" you gave in.
"Once your done, head to the pool for a bit. Relax, you'll be back on missions soon enough" she reminded you and you gave a soft smile before finishing your food.
"I'll run Daisy out and bring her to you" Bruce offered.
"Thank you Brucie" you leaned down to pat Daisy and give her a piece of toast. You finished your coffee and got up. "Thank you for breakfast" you smiled at Happy and brought your plate to the sink before heading to the pool.