Chapter 9: Homecoming part 9

Peter was seen on top of a small building overlooking the  ferry as it left the dock. He jumped and deployed his gliders and landed  on the roof of the ferry. Peter climbed down from the roof to look  inside the ferry while complimenting himself and saw Toomes's face for  the first time.

Everyone was now wondering how Peter is going to handle this

   Peter told Karen to activate 'Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode'  and saw the guy from the bridge who said he hated this guy they were  dealing with and Toomes stated that he wanted to stay posted as the  first guy left.

   Peter asked who Toomes was and Karen said he wasn't in the  criminal database before saying that May was calling him but Peter said  he didn't have time now and would call her back and told his new drone  that he named 'Droney' to keep watching Toomes and said that no one  could get away this time before crawling to the roof again.

Flash: At least he has more creative ways to name his gadgets than someone we know- he stated as a joke

Bruce: *looks at Flash* What was that?

Flash: *nervous* Nothing!

   Peter crouched on the roof as he looked down and asked who the  new guy on the left was. Karen responded by saying how his name was  'Mac Gargan' who had an extensive criminal record including homicide.

   Karen asked if she should activate instant kill and Peter  angrily said no again and told her to stop. The man from the bridge  moved to Mac and said what he wanted was in a white pick up truck. Peter  told his drone to scan for the truck and found it near where the buyers  and sellers were to Peter's excitement.

   Peter was about to jump down to detain everyone in a single go  but was cut off when Karen said he had an incoming call from Tony.  Peter desperately told Karen not to answer but she did anyway and Tony  appeared on Peter's face screen.

The heroes had a bad feeling about whats gonna happen next

   Peter said that he was at school when Tony asked for a second  and Karen stated he wasn't at school but Peter ignored her as Tony was  saying how his dad was really bad and he wanted to break the cycle of  shame. Peter cut him off saying he was in the middle of something but  Stark sniped back saying to not cut him off when he's trying to  congratulate Peter when the horn on the ship blew. On Peter's face  screen he saw the keys to the truck as he made the excuse of being at  band practice when Tony asked what was going on. Tony pointed out that  Happy told him that Peter quit band almost 6 weeks ago but Peter  abruptly ended the call to Tony's dismay.

Some heroes felt like something bad was gonna happen to Peter when he did that. Others like Jason though were laughing when Peter rudely hanged up on Tony

   Peter webbed the keys out of the man's hand and jumped down to  face off against them. He jokingly said that the illegal arms dealing  ferry was at 10:30 before effortlessly taking out the buyer and several  of the other men down on the platform. The new 'Shocker' told Toomes  that Spiderman was back in an angry tone. The 'Shocker' tried to throw a  punch when Peter wasn't looking but Peter ducked out of the way and  webbed his hand to the railing of the ferry. Some of the goons tried to  reach for their guns to shoot at him but Peter webbed the motorcycle  that was behind them and flung it and the two goons across the deck.  Peter asked if they were okay and admitted that that might have been a  little harsh as he reloaded his web shooters. The man who was driving  the pick up truck charged at Peter yelling when Peter webbed the car  next to him and trapped the man against the wall.

The heroes cheered for Peter.

   One of the buyer's friends was watching before Toomes came up  behind him and bashed his head into the truck several times which got  Peter's attention. He turned and made eye contact with Toomes for a few  seconds before the FBI came out of nowhere pointing guns at Peter, who  yelled in confusion that they have the wrong guy.