Chapter 13: Homecoming part 13

Toomes heard Mason in his ear tell him that the jet was starting it's engines as he walked into position. The screen changed showing Happy walking away with a smile on his face as the hatch to the jet was sealed closed, oblivious to what had happened to the kid he mistreated and what will happen to the plane.

Barbara: *deadpan* At this point im not surprised

Jason: Yeah I think we all agree that he is a bit of a dick

The other heroes agreed

Cat Woman: Yes he is a dick but what about Peter?!- she demanded with worry for her step son

Bruce was quiet the whole time, his sight was on the screen alone. Unmoving, like a statue

The others saw this but the Bat family knew that he was extremely worried for Peter

The scene changed again showing a bird's eye view of the rubble with small fires burning in a few places. The camera shifted to show Peter laying on his stomach and buried under everything, unmoving for a few tense seconds before he began to move his head around sluggishly.

Everyone in the room let out a sigh of relief seeing that Peter is alive. Bruce was the most relieved

Peter was disoriented for a few seconds (understandably) but managed to pull himself together long enough to realize how bad his situation was. Dust was still falling through the cracks and with the weight on Peter's back it made it hard for him to breathe. Peter scrambled to pull his mask off to help get air into his lungs. Peter chanted to himself a few times before attempting to stand, pushing at the weight above him with all he had. It didn't budge an inch as he flopped back down in defeat.

Barbara: *worried* He cant get out?

Jason: This is bad

Dick:Come on man

Peter, after learning that digging himself out wasn't an option, started to scream in a panic. "Hello? Hello! Please, hey. Hey, please. I'm down here. I'm down here. I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I can't move. I can't-" His sentence broke off into a sob. He lowered his head onto the concrete under him in acceptance as he silently cried, realizing that no one was coming to help him.

The heroes were saddened by this...but no one was more saddened then Bruce. As he saw how his son was struggling to break free and broke down crying... seeing him helpless, weak... alone...it made him have two memories he buried deep in his mind

it made him have two memories he buried deep in his mind

The time he lost his parents