DustTale Angst

"I BELIEVE IN YOU, HUMAN! YOU CAN BE A GOOD PERSON IF YOU JUST TRY." He said for what he thought was the first time.

It didn't work.

He felt excruciating pain as they sliced his chest, leaving him with a large gash. He fell to his knees, holding the scar. He saw them smile, cruelty evident as they found amusement in his pain. He saw them start walking, completely oblivious to the fact he hadn't died yet. He felt his hope fading rapidly, and disappointment take it's place.

"sans!" His brother yelled. "BROTher..." He coughed out. He knew Papyrus had reached him, he could sense his soul. He gave him a weak smile. "Mweh Heh Heh. I Didn't Know That Would Happen."

Papyrus cringed, even Sans could see it though his vision was failing him. He knew what would happen and it hurt more than normal. Seeing his brother, about to dust in front of him hurt more than finding his dusty bandana. "sans! i told you not to go to the human for a reason!" Sans ignored his brothers cry and held him close instead. He knew he was dying, and he had accepted it. He lost feeling in the top of his head and knew he was dusting. He looked up towards his brother and muttered one last thing.

"I'm Sorry Brother."

Papyrus gaped at his hands where his brother once was, orange tinted tears falling from his sockets. "s-sans... no..!" He grabbed his brothers bandana and teleported to the hall, anger and mourning overflowing from his soul. He was going to stop this. This torture happened too long.

Whatever it takes.

He promised.

He put on the bandana, a tribute to his brother, and waited for the human who caused them so much suffering.

He lost, again. "welp, i'm going to muffet's." He said, stumbling out of view. "sans, do you want anything?" He fell to his knees, and let go of his neck, head falling to the floor as he lost all consciousness.

Papyrus bolted up from his bed, chest heaving. He remember promising to do whatever it took, a promise he would keep. He walked out of the room, and down the stairs to grab a bottle of honey. The human would be talking to Temmie right now. And he had something to take care of.

He started his trek to the RUINS door, rarely running into any other monsters, who he killed without any hesitation. If he wanted to defeat the human, he had to outnumber them.

Arriving at the door, he blasted it open with a blaster, surprising the Asgore upstairs who was making himself some tea. He heard a cup shatter, and paws thumping against stone. When he saw a skeleton, a moment of relief crossed his face, especially when he saw it was the one who he was speaking through the door with, but it was quickly replaced with worry when he saw that the eyelights weren't like he described. No longer were they a pure white. Now they were a blood red, with one being orange around it.

"Ah, Papyrus, good to finally meet you! I am unsure why you blasted open the door, but I am happy to meet you nonetheless." He looked a bit unnerved when he didn't respond, but pushed it aside. "Would you like to come up and have some tea? It would be nice to get to speak to you." He said, approaching to unwavering skeleton.

Asgore felt something stab where his soul would be, making a gaping hole. He looked down and saw a bone, piercing his soul. "You really hate me that much..?" He stuttered, before dusting. Papyrus felt a tinge of guilt, but pushed it down with the rest of his emotions. He grabbed Asgore's glasses and move on.

He kept going through the RUINS, massacring everything he finds. He is satisfied with his LV when he sees the kid. They have their eyes shut, and they have a yellowish tint to their skin. Their pink cheeks have faded slightly. He teleports back to Snowdin at the sight of them, confused when he sees it empty.

A slight lightbulb goes off in his head when he realized that he was doing his genocide route. He walks into the Shop and sees nobody at the counter. "well, this is such a surprise!" He says, before stealing a few healing items and emptying the G.

He skips the note, he has seen it so many times before that he knows what's in it. He simply balls it up and tosses it in the trash. Stepping outside, he breaths in unnecessarily, but stops when he hears the human. "crap." He says to himself before teleporting to the area where they would meet his brother.

"BROTHER! THERE YOU ARE! I WAS WORRIED." Sans said in his normal ear piercing volume. Papyrus took another step closer. "Brother? What Are You Doing?" Sans said tone abnormally hushed and scared. Another step. Sans was visibly sweating, obviously worried. "Brother, Are You Okay?" Papyrus stopped, questioning what he was doing. He was snapped out of it by his brother hugging him. He stared down at the smaller skeleton. "sorry bro."

"Brother? Why did you do-" Sans looked up at the bone sticking through his forehead. His eyelights disappeared, giving him a creepy look. "i trusted you." He ended off with, before his dust covered the floor, and his brother. Papyrus felt nothing for his brother. He's not sure how he didn't, but he grabbed the bandana and walked forward, feeling nothing but his LV increase.

Frisk and Chara watched on it surprise as they saw Papyrus kill his own brother. They knew something was wrong when they never saw Asgore again, only his dust. And when the door was broken, well something was definitely wrong. Chara was excited that something new was happening, Frisk was angry something was getting in the way of the genocide.

"Catch him!" Frisk yelled at Chara, and they took off, looking for and mascaraing everyone. Papyrus was further ahead, leaving singe attacks and dust in his wake. He stopped in Flowey village and killed every Flowey he could find. The LV he was gaining surged through him, making him more powerful than before. He shortcut to where Chara would fight Alpha Alphys.

He felt anger as he saw them already going through the last dialogue. He teleported into the Lab, he felt many, many souls gathered in the True Lab. He smiled a grim smile and walked into the Elevator, pressing the button to go down. Ding. His smile got bigger as he stepped out, bone sword in hand. He made quick work of every monster down there, unsuspecting and not.

"BROTHER, THERES ANOTHER SURVIVOR UNDER THAT TABLE." Papyrus whipped his head around, looking for the source of the sound. He saw his brothers floating head and gloves, bandana around where his neck would be.

He shot a gaster blaster at the surviving monster and gaped at his brother. "bro?" The phantom simply nodded. A stream of magic tears started flowing from the alive ones sockets, making the other roll his eyes. "COME ON BROTHER, DONT CRY NOW OF ALL TIMES. YOU DIDN'T CRY WHEN YOU KILLED ME." Papyrus rubbed away his tears and nodded, moving out of the True lab.

"The human must be far along now." Papyrus said to his brother, voice void of emotion. "I'm going to take care of Undyne and Toriel before they can." He hopped on a gaster blaster and flew to where Undyne should be.

"do you wanna have a mad time?"

He clutched his neck, again. He knew the kid would reset, they couldn't gain enough LV to finish the genocide. He smiled grimly. "c'mon kid. Press the button. We can do it again." He became confused when they reached out with a deal. "You should join us. Then we can all kill." He shook his head and released it, letting it tumble to the floor again.