DreamTale Fluff (part 2)

A/N: sORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

Nightmare woke up to a familiar dreamscape. It was the tree of feelings, but where the negativity apples would start it shows what it's really like. The tree was chopped down, the buildings on the side were all laid to waste. He could spot a few skeletons in the houses, still pleading for help. He chuckled at their poor corpses.

The place was chopped in half, one side positive, one side negative. 

His smile fell when he noticed he wasn't alone.

"Dream." He seethed, staring down the yellow skeleton.

"Brother..." Dream said, some negativity falling from his soul. Nightmare knew that he missed 'him' dearly, but he also knew it wasn't him he missed. He missed the kind hearted skeleton, he missed him before he became strong.

"How have you been, brother?" The positive skeleton asked the corrupted one. 

"Your goons have been annoying me. I'm thinking of picking them off like the bugs they are." Dreams expression became defensive and scared at this, hoping he was joking with his dark, horrifying humor. 

"They aren't my goons. They are my friends, and I won't let you do that." Dream spoke the truth when he said this. His heart stung and burned at the words Nightmare spoke. Did everyone think that they were just his goons? He was snapped out of his dark thoughts by a chuckle by his brother. 

"Ah, I never thought I'd see the day where you are being negative, dear brother." Nightmare put as much sarcasm behind those words as he could, trying to break him down more. His tentacles were posed for a fight, sharpened and lashing.

But then he felt calm, not spiteful, angry, hurt, or anything else. Just, calm. He knew Dream was doing something, and tried to attack. His tentacles tried surged forward, cut their opponent to pieces, but they didn't move.

"What are you doing?" Nightmare asked, an unfamiliar calm taking over his voice as well. 

"I just want to have a nice moment with you, my brother. Is that alright?" 

Nightmare thought for a moment. There was a part of him screaming yes, and another screaming no. He was conflicted, he knew that he was his enemy but also his brother. He decided against his gut.

"Fine. I will be leaving shortly though."

Dream felt relief, him bringing Nightmare there wasn't for nothing!

Dream walked up to the line between negativity and positivity, extending his hand for his brother to take. He was living in the past, the whole time. He was recounting memories with the brother he cared for, the one he loved, the one he promised.

Nightmare was reaching out his hand when Dream suddenly retracted his.

"Your hand, the negativity is still covering it. I can't touch it."

"Oh." Nightmare replied, before focusing on the goop on that hand. He had never tried this before, he never had a reason to. He focused on it, and used the same strategy he uses to make it into an axe or spike. He watches in shock as the goop melts into the rest of the negativity and reveals a shiny, white, bone hand.

He feels the excess negativity make another tendril, and he smiles a bit. He has something new to use. He grasps his brothers hand and is dragged to the tree, he can feel the other beaming, with or without his powers in emotions. His hand is released when the near the tree, and he sees Dream turn around and sit back to the tree.

Dream would go to his brothers side, but he couldn't. He would start melting from the amount of Negativity on that side. He would have adored to be able to hug Nightmare again. He pulled Nightmare to the tree on his side, and smiled at him.

Nightmare saw Dream smile at him and smiled a bit back, happy to have some company he enjoyed again. He tried to retract more of the slime from him, and it kept working. Slowly, only his tendrils and back was negative. 

He hugged Dream, and felt warm tears land on him.

"Let's just stay here for a while, okay?"