Underfell Angst

Sans awoke with a start, magic flaring in his soul incase he was in danger. It stopped though once he saw his brother standing in front of his sentry station. "Heya boss, whatcha need?" He asked, wide awake at this point. Papyrus' scowl deepened, anger visible behind his eyelights. It made Sans a bit nervous but he would never show it. "I WISH YOU PAYED MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR JOB AND STOPPED BEING A DEADWEIGHT."

Jesus someone pissed him off. Sans thought as he adjusted in his seat. He guessed that Frisk was somewhere else, as they would have calmed him down. "'lright Boss I'll pay more attention." This only pissed him off more, as his eyelights went a blood red, with the sign of magic usage. This caused Sans to pick at his sentry station with his scarred phalanges.

He felt the prickle of an attack heading his way and jerked his head to the side, watching a sharpened bone whizz past where his ear would be. "DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU SLACKING OFF AGAIN YOU INCOMPETENT MORON." This is where Sans lost it. Magic flaring in his right eye socket, he stood up and did something he would regret.

Curse those confidence lessons from Nightmare.

"Ey, so I'M the incompetent one? Who's the one who taught you magic in the first place? The one who has to deal with your narcissism constantly? Who is it, Boss?" He sneered the last word, putting as much HATE as he had into it. Hate for being in this universe. Hate for every monster and human that had every wronged him. Hate for that damned scientist. Hate for every single universe who gets to be happy and not on guard constantly.

He stopped after that spout of feelings, the ones he was quite used to. He wished Papyrus had stopped him though, because then he wouldn't be glared at with this intensity. He regret it all the second he said it. Not because of the punishment, but because of the part of him that still cared for Papyrus.

He cursed under his breath before that familiar prickle happened in his feet, causing him to leap away. A bone trap was where he was standing seconds ago. A small sweat bead formed on his brow. Once again, another prickle behind him so he teleported a bit behind Papyrus. Looking up, he saw eight flying bone attacks were flying towards where he was a little bit ago.

He activated his magic and summoned two sharpened bones to help protect him against his own brother. "AH, SO YOU HAVE BEEN HIDING MAGIC IN THAT SLUGGISH SOUL. WHAT A SUPRISE." Sans ignored his words, knowing they would have some effect on him if he didn't. A second went by, as four buttons appeared in front of him, and he hesitated before placing his hand on the glowing FIGHT button. "DESPITE ACTUALLY HAVING MAGIC, YOU STILL ARE WEAK, HESITATING LIKE THAT." His words cut deep into his soul, fueling his rage.

He grasped for his magic, and took a hold of Papyrus' soul and yanked it up. Papyrus immediately pushed off the ceiling, and was mildly surprised when bones appeared where he was, but the surprise only tripled when he saw his lack luster brother teleport up to him and try to slash at him with a bone sword, only to be parried by one of Papyrus' own magic attacks.

As they returned to the ground, it was Papyrus' turn, guaranteed to be bloody and difficult to dodge for some people. Sans felt his own soul be taken ahold of, and was flung into a wall of bones, which he destroyed with a gaster blaster. The attacks stopped for a second, making Sans think that Papyrus was temporarily stunned. One look back and lo and behold he was, but recovered quickly.

"SO YOU HAVE MORE ATTACKS? WHAT A SUPRISE." Sans was yanked up into more bones, this time trying to kill him by skewering his soul. He smacked them aside with a bone cane, sweat dripping from his brow even more. When he looked down, he saw monsters looking from Snowdin and from where Papyrus was.

They were keeping distance though, they weren't stupid.

Once Sans returned to the ground he readied a few of his best attacks. They were about to be shocked that's for sure. Sans' perpetual grin got larger and more shark-like. He grabbed ahold of Papyrus' soul another time, feeling the boredom and suspicion dripping from him.

He flung him towards the end of the thing, and felt the surprise radiate when he was teleported to the other side of where they were fighting. His surprise was short lived, as he started dodging the bones trying to kill him. When Papyrus' soul was released, his eyelights widened as he was hit by a blast from one of the animal skulls.

He started running from the skulls, in a tight circle, before sliding to a stop. Sans was spent, and looked it too. Papyrus, still in his bloody rage, sent a bone attack flying towards him, unknowing he was too tired to dodge. Frisk ran into the clearing, eyes wide and tears streaking down their face. Flowey was in his flower pot, trying to process what was happening. When it hit him, a cry rang through the underground.

Sans was standing there, crimson bone straight through his ribcage, looking to have squeezed between two of the ribs opposite of where his heart would be. Blood was streaking from the wound, which amazed and confused the monsters surrounding the scene. Frisk wasn't surprised, not even when blood spurted from his mouth, and not at his last words.

"Heh, colour me shocked, you actually did it. Welp, I'm going to Grillby's. Papyrus, do you want anything?" He said to the crowd as he wandered off into the forest.

Papyrus and Frisk trailed behind him, Papyrus was worried but played it off as not wanting another monster to steal the XP, and Frisk wanted to get Flowey to heal him, which he tried but failed. After a few minutes of walking, Sans fell onto his knees and clutched the bone, like how he clutched the scar in the genocide route.

A swirling portal of black and a dark green opened a bit away and skeletons neither of them recognized ran out of the portal. They all strangely looked like Sans, Frisk noted. As one with a gaping skull saw Sans he ran over, the others following suit. They pushed Papyrus and Frisk away, green magic seeping through their hands. They pulled out the bone and the ribs it broke and lodged between fixed themselves.

Flowey sent a friendliness pellet his way and it improved his HP greatly, giving him more of a chance of living. One of the skeletons that had a scar under his eye sent him a grateful look. Another skeleton appeared through the portal and picked up Sans with it's gooey tendrils.

Papyrus tried to protest but was stopped by an Axe to his chestplate, wielded by the one with the cracked skull. The goopy skeleton sent Frisk a pitying look and gestured to them that they could follow with a tentacle. They hurried along, posed in a defense position the whole time.

They could tell that Frisk wasn't stupid, and watched their back for any attackers. Sans lifted his head, grogginess filling his voice, addressed the goopy skeleton. "Nightmare?" The skeleton, now named 'Nightmare' gave a curt nod and continued as Sans passed out in his tendrils. Papyrus watched, helpless, as they took his brother and left, Frisk following them closely.