Scarlett (Sequel to What These Bruises Say)

Teaser

I stared at him.

His blonde hair. Blue eyes. Pale complexion.

It was him.

He came for me. He actually cares.

He slowly approached me. Each step feeling as if a year has gone by. I could faintly see water lining his eyes. My head was pounding and my stomach was clenching, but I somehow managed to stay awake.

"How? Wha-?" I stuttered. He shrugged and pulled a piece of paper from behind his back.

"I, uh, got your letter. How did you know where I lived?" he asked.

"I know a lot more than you think." I sighed. "Oh God, that sounded really creepy."

Niall chuckled and looked my body up and down. Finding the scab on my arm. His eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted as he attempted to read it.

"I had those dreams too." he whispered, his eyes finally meeting mine. "I may not know you, but I cant help but feel something for you."

"You don't want to know me. I mean, I just tried to commit suicide for God's sake."

"That doesn't make my feelings for you just disappear.."

I softly smiled at the Irish boy. He returned it and stepped forward, taking hold of my hand. But soon I pulled it out of his grasp to clutch my throbbing head. I screamed in pain before everything went blank.

But the last thing I heard before I blacked out was poor Niall.

"Please don't leave me again Scar!"