Chapter 13

August 30, 2017 - Wayne Manor

Damien POV - 

I watch as Marinette peacefully sleeps on my chest. Her face was smushed into my chest, making her lips pucker. Her hair was all over - messy from my fingers - and her soft snores made me smile. It makes me think of our time in the league, when we would have an away mission, Marinette would take it as an excuse to dress up. She would painstakingly plan every outfit - taking hours to make herself feel beautiful.

But I think the most beautiful she has ever looked is right here, in my arms. 

But like all good things, my moments of un-interrupted staring had to come to an end as she stirred, waking up.

"Like what you see?" One eye snapped open.

"Of course I do." She laughed and looked at me.

"Your accent! It didn't go away!" I place a kiss on her forehead. 

"Yours either. Though now it sounds more french than arabic." I sit back and she nods.

"That woud happen after 5 years speaking only french surrounded by native french speakers." I chuckle at her sarcasm.

"Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your little stare-fest because I am getting up now." She started to push off of me, only to be stopped by me.

"No." She stared at me incredulously.

"Yes." I just tightened my arms.

"Damiennnnn. Please?" She whined and flopped (as much as she could, seen as how she was already laying down) onto my chest. I huff as I slowly loosen my arms. She gives me a small smile as she gets up and shuffles to the bathroom. 

I stand up and change quickly, sitting on the bed once I've changed. 

Once Marinette comes out, she is completely changed and has her hair done. There's no sign of the outfit she had been wearing the day before.

"Where did you get clothes from?" She gives me an innocent smile.

"I am the new Miraculous Guardian, Dami, where do you think I got them?" I shake my head as I smile. Of course that would be what she uses ultimate power for. Retrieving clothes from a hotel room.

"Only you angel. Only you." Her smile softens at the old nickname, taking on a fonder light.

"Come, Dami we don't want to be late for breakfast right? Plus I have a tour to get to today." She grabs me by the hand and walks out of my door, only to stop in the middle of the hallway. I chuckle.

"Follow me Habibti." I start walking ahead, pulling Marinette along with a slight smile tugging at my lips.

Once we make it to the dining room, Tim is - again - clutching a cup of coffee, and all of my adoptive siblings (and two significant others) are sitting around the table, eating.

"You're all here." Six heads snap up to look at me.

"We wanted to see the new family member before she leaves. It's rare to see the great Ice Prince of Gotham be so... emotional." I raise an eyebrow at Grayson.

Emotional? Me? Never.

However, maybe I was getting a little... lax with showing how I am feeling now that Marinette is around again.

"Ice Prince?" Marinette looked at me with an amused glint in her eyes.

"That is what people named me after the first interview I was apart of, and it stuck." My voice had dropped back to emotionless. I schooled my face into staying blank.